Celeron 1.7Ghz Overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
uhhh, do the math......17x multiplier (as shown in the pic) times 398.4 bus speed equals core speed 1693 mhz

i have the exact same chip as you and my fsb is a little above 100 and the multiplier is 17 as well... im not sure i understand ur problem tho.. how could ur multiplier have been 8? that wudve given u a clock speed of 800 Mhz like nubius said... and then didnt u say u increased ur fsb to 133 and ur multiplier to 12? so how come it still says 99.6 * 17?

EDIT: if you're using the mobo that came with this computer (im guessing that this is a manufacturers built computer like hp or dell or something) then all the bios options for overclocking are locked.. you cant change any of the options such as fsb or ur multiplier.. the bios on the mobo just wont let u

Well you can't say your original speeds was 800MHz unless you took a CPU-Z screenshot of it. Your computer is running where it's supposed to be now and yeah you corrected that guy, he meant the FSB and the multi and your FSB is right on target. It might have looked like it was set to 8x100 in the BIOS but in reality if it's a prebuilt comp like silver was saying, then it basically ignores the changes and sticks to it's normal 17x100, Unless you had built it or something and forgot to change your speeds to what they should have been, but it doesn't seem like that's what happened.

Saphire ATI Radeon 96000XT 128MB
Nice card...didn't know they made a 96,000XT lol Good card or what because I just suggested this guy get a 9600XT 256mb card also sapphire.

Nubius said:
Nice card...didn't know they made a 96,000XT lol Good card or what because I just suggested this guy get a 9600XT 256mb card also sapphire.

yup its an amazing card for the price range.. but alas with my celeron i barely notice a difference between tha and the intel extreme graphics 2 onboard video :confused: lol o well im thiss close to building a new comp with a 64 3500+ and a 6800GT in there :D lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom