haha x800 vs geforce 6800

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
yayyy i feel like starting a fight. I like my x800 more lol. I dont care if everyone says the 6800 is better. I just bought my x800 because at the time i could not find a 6800. And to me it is by far, not worth upgrading and spending the money to go from a x800 to a 6800. Yah you may see a performance increase according to what some ppl say, but the x800 can still play al of todays games just as good as the 6800. I think the test will be a year down the road when graphics are by far much better and they put a big strain on the gpu. But for now, i say that either one is a good choice, Benchmarks are friggin benchmarks, in real life gaming there is barely any difference at all in performance.

LET THE BASHING BEGIN ehe

The X800 Pro totally smashes Nvidia's top card, the 6800 Ultra in HL2, although both cards play the game exceptionally well. In CS:Source, the cards are in dead heat. The X800 may suck at Doom 3 and Far Cry, but I think this card will be looking better in the future if the source engine becomes more utilized. It all comes down to this, as I have said it millions of times: When choosing between the X800XT P.E. and 6800 Ultra, both cards are good so it really doesn't matter what you pick. The 6800GT is significantly better than the X800 Pro though for the same price, so until ATI gets their drivers straightened out for the X800 Pro, the 6800GT is the only way to go.

Only other thing is future gaming. The x800 is basically a really really fast 9800pro with the same ol architecture. the 6800 is all new architecture utilizing pixel shader 3.0. But hmm, by the time programmers start using 3.0, the 6800 will probably be a mid range card and ati will have something out that has it. So yah i guess they go neck and neck but the 6800 has more future technology. The 6800 has a much lower clock, but still performs the same as the x800 in most cases. But yea, all in all they are both good cards, both have there pros and cons. Right now neither is really better. I just cant stand seeing people flame each other over which one they choose cause in the end it dont really matter.

Actually it does matter. Look at the price! Thats what i did, cause i didnt care about the performance. If a better card comes out later then ill buy it, but for now i put the cheaper card in my voodoo pc because there really isnt that much of a diff.

It's just crazy to think they were working on the 6800 two years ago and they are already working on the graphics card that we won't see until 2 years from now lol imagine what kind of power that beast will have. The main point is both companies are striving for the biggest and best, but heat is becoming such an issue, that and the fact that you need TWO damn connectors for the Ultra is just insane, I can't below a single graphics card needs that much power to it. It seems ATI's main problem is drivers and the engines of the games not being 'written' for its architecture. I think this is a case of ATI rushing out a card just to compete with the 6800 otherwise they'd look real bad if they were still at the 9800 while nvidia went out to the 6800. I read an article about the upcoming 6600 and that's supposed to blow the X600 completely away, not even close to the same amount of performance. For $199 I think the 6600 is supposed to be, that sounds like a great card for the money

Mods delete this nonesense, im sick of this garbage guys. We all like what we like now lets leave it at that.

lol did you even bother reading anyones posts or did you just assume everyone was fighting, scroll down and say 'mod, delete this hurry'

EHEM, watch it will turn into an argument. The point of the post was to piss either side off anywas?? Or can I not read...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom