High performance PC vs Mac Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the driver mode to my GTX 280 when I 1st got one and ran SPECviewperf. I uploaded this image 11 months ago.

sv10280gtxwb2.jpg

Thats odd, its almost as if...you came here without the intention of absorbing any help at all, and just ordered everything regardless of any suggestion made.
But who knows, could just be me.

Many people do that. As evidenced by him buying a card with 2gig video memory. He must have a massive monitor. I hope he installs a 64bit OS too, or he may not get to use it.

Many people do that. As evidenced by him buying a card with 2gig video memory. He must have a massive monitor. I hope he installs a 64bit OS too, or he may not get to use it.

First of all, I really appreciate the help.

About that, I took advise and I downgraded the processor, the only two black spots left where the GPU and the HDDs.

On the GPU, I do work on a massive monitor and I am installing a 64bit OS. Having still some doubts on it you'll have to agree that a 2GB GTX 285 for 150 pounds it's a pretty good deal.

And about the HDDs, well I would love to have a couple more of SSDs for storage but it's been mainly a budget decision.

Thanks again.

First of all, I really appreciate the help.

About that, I took advise and I downgraded the processor, the only two black spots left where the GPU and the HDDs.

On the GPU, I do work on a massive monitor and I am installing a 64bit OS. Having still some doubts on it you'll have to agree that a 2GB GTX 285 for 150 pounds it's a pretty good deal.

And about the HDDs, well I would love to have a couple more of SSDs for storage but it's been mainly a budget decision.

Thanks again.

I wouldn't get an SSD for storage right now. They are just too expensive.

As far as he gpu, that is a good deal so I won't get you there. But normally I wouldn't get a 2gig video card.

Well yeh, i could be wrong about modding a card into a pro card. To be honest it was a while ago now i looked into it on Nvidia cards and it may be a different ball game for ATI.

But you shouldnt be too dissapointed with a i7 and GTX285. I use 3Ds Max and it works very well on mine, as long as your fine with using OpenGL. The hyperthreading comes in very handy for rendering as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom