Mobo + Memory Help for i7 920

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke2

Banned
Hello, I saw the i7 920's for $199 in local microcenter and could not handle the pure DEAL so I bought it right away...
Now, my next decision is on Motherboard and RAM combo.
Prefereably bought from newegg.
Here is the catch, my budget is ~600, so that leaves roughly ~390ish to buy the mobo and memory.
I was browsing newegg and came up with couple finds.
Take a look.

G.SKILL Trident 6GB Newegg.com - G.SKILL Trident 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD - Desktop Memory

ASUS P6T SE Newegg.com - ASUS P6T SE LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD4P Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD4P LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

I'm open to any experienced advice on what would be the best parts.
NOTE _ I will be Overclocking. Not extremely but planning to get ~3.6ish out of the CPU.

THank you
LUke

My bad, SHould've said what cooler I'm using, It's the Cooler Master V8.
And regarding the EVGA mobo, is that only SLI support ? Because I got 4870x2 rockin and in case I wanted to go Crossfire, I'd liek to have that option.
Thx

One more thing, What is the real difference between the UD3R and UD4P Gigabyte Mobos other then the 16 vs 24gb memory support ?
thank you

And regarding the EVGA mobo, is that only SLI support ? Because I got 4870x2 rockin and in case I wanted to go Crossfire, I'd liek to have that option.

I looked at the EVGA FAQ and it said the X58 supports Crossfire.

evgafaq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom