Rate the Wire Management Above You!

yes guys, i did drill holes in the wood and i have fans sucking from the bottom. and the holes are not visible cause the rad covers them up ;)

yes, i used hurricane straps to bind the wood together cause that's the only thing i had available. they do the job well :p

Wow, I just realized I never posted mine up on here. Here it is. I know of some obvious things I could do to help manage it a bit, but since it was mostly a cheap build and I'm changing it so frequently, I haven't wanted to make it perfect yet :p Still fairly good, though. I think the only things I would change are routing the cables behind the drive bays so they aren't visible rather than beside the mobo like I did. That and get some better SATA cables :p

001.JPG

I give it a 7/10. Could zip tie that group of wires on the left under the red fan, and zip tie the pci-e power cables together. That and putting the extras in the drive bay like you said should get it looking pretty good ;).

Wow, I just realized I never posted mine up on here. Here it is. I know of some obvious things I could do to help manage it a bit, but since it was mostly a cheap build and I'm changing it so frequently, I haven't wanted to make it perfect yet :p Still fairly good, though. I think the only things I would change are routing the cables behind the drive bays so they aren't visible rather than beside the mobo like I did. That and get some better SATA cables :p

http://www.surgevelocity.com/surge/Tech-Forums/001.JPG
Biggest issue I think is the lack of sleeving with the PSU wires. Makes it look far more ugly.

not too bad, surge, i have seen worse. 6.5/10 mainly because of the wire leading to the back panel going over the video card. just clean that up and hide those wires behind the drive bays and you are good to go.

Here it is after changing the HS, the exhaust fan, and re-arranging some wires. I found out I can't run the cables behind the drive bays. Case is too narrow and there isn't enough space. This is about as good as I can do other then add some more sleeving.

0031.JPG

Night and day........ Very good improvement.

Can the HSF cable loop thre other way?
Also, try rotating the back case fan, so the cable is the other side... sorta hides it from view, and it'll run flat against the case.

Back
Top Bottom