monitor flashes once and stays off

Status
Not open for further replies.

ollithemagicbum

In Runtime
this happened about two hours ago. i went to open a new tab in google chrome then my monitor suddenly turns off while it's getting power. i've tried turning it on and off, restarting my computer and replugging/wiggling the cables but none of it worked. as soon as it turns on, the screen flashes and it turns off. i don't have any extra cables at the moment and i kinda doubt it's my vid card going bad because it was just fine while i played games earlier today.

the monitor was part of a graduation gift which came from cyberpower and i've tried searhing for the model but i couldn't find it. the brand is called Alaska and in the manual they didn't put a website.

does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong and how to fix this? or is it time for a new monitor? i got it around june last year.

as always, thanks for the help. :D

Have you tried it on a different computer? Do you have an old monitor you try to see if it is a problem with the GPU.

Well i have ran into a problem like this with a lot of Dell screens so this COULD be the problem if all else fails, but i would open up the monitor and look at all the capacitors again this is just a last resort if all else fails and you don't have a warranty on the monitor. But if a capacitor has a poped top on it...you'll notice the difference if you see it, then that is your problem. If thats the case then just remove the old one with a soldering iron and add a new one. but i would do what yamikotai said first, and then to plug it into a different outlet and so on until you have tired everything before opening it up. if you need a place to buy a cap i go to thecapking.com its free shipping and most are only 60 cents. cant beat that by much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom