Best gaming mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the one I have :). Just thought it might not have been good to use because Coffee said it's bad to have your arm above the desk but I think he meant holding it up without anything resting under it (and not with your arm level with your wrist, like mine is).

Thanks for that dirk, I'll definitely use it all the time now.

That would be allowable on Punkbuster?
It's not really a cheat. No game rules are being modified.
In my case, I just use repeated clicks to make purchasing planet upgrades in SoaSE faster.

How would you increase the number of clicks that occur even further? I set the number after "sleep" which I assume is the delay, to 0. I just wanna mess with some friends and this paintball flash thing that counts how many clicks, What's Your Trigger Pull? – Paintball Guns, it stops increasing once it hits 33.
You can remove the sleep command entirely.

zmatt said:
i think spending $50 or more on a mouse is ridiculous.
I used to think so, too, but not anymore. In some things you really do get what you pay for.

I used to think so, too, but not anymore. In some things you really do get what you pay for.

To quote techgage in their review of the copperhead:

The mouse is arguably the most important component that a gamer can add to their PC.

There, I said it. I can picture the emails now, letting me hear it for overlooking the coveted CPU and video cards that are out there today. Hear me out before you unleash all ****.

Whether you are a gamer (check), a video editor or a photographer, a mouse is vital to your work. A CPU can quickly execute your commands and a video card can display your work just as beautiful as you can imagine but the mouse, the lowly mouse, is your connection with your PC. It's your every reaction in a game. It's getting that perfect placement on a crop. The mouse is the representative of you to your computer.

In my opinion to have a gaming PC with a cheap mouse is like having the most expensive graphics card you can find with a 14" crt. You computer is compeletely irrelevent and useless without three vital bits of interface kit, monitor, keyboard, and mouse... These three, I humbly submit are the most important gaming components because they set the limit for your interface with the computer.

Just got my Mx Revolution, been using it for 20 min or so with photoshop, browsing and general use. LOVE it, the free spinning scroll wheel is so useful and nice its ridiculous. It just feels right in my hand, hardly have to grasp it all. Smooth, tracks perfectly and is pretty much everything I wanted. Not sure on gaming though, haven't tried that yet.

Although I don't play pc games online, and I use an xbox controller to play most games. So not really sure how great it is as a "gaming mouse".

I bought a Razer DeathAdder. I like it, but wish I would have went with a Salmosa or DiamondBack. The DeathAdder just seems too bulky.

I was worried about that as well with the MX Revolution, but its not an issue :D. It's a big mouse, but the contours and shape are perfect. Doesn't seem large at all, slides easily, and isn't noticeably heavy.

But the scroll wheel.. They should have that on all mice, so useful and nice to have.

I loved the feel of the MX Rev, but for gaming I saw quite a few mentioning the difficulties of button configurations to the point where even a Logitech rep, within their own forums, mentioned not using it for gaming. Supposedly there is an alteration for the MX Rev button configs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom