AMD vs. Intel: Battery Life Investigated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baez

Admin / Dev
Staff member
AMD vs. Intel: Battery Life Investigated

Anyone looking to go out and purchase a new laptop is almost certainly interested in a couple things: how much does it cost, and what sort of battery life can you expect? Answering those questions for any specific laptop is simple enough, provided we can get a sample unit for testing. However, it becomes more difficult to answer these questions when you're looking at the big picture -- i.e. AMD vs. Intel laptops. The pricing question is easier: laptops using AMD platforms are (usually) cheaper than equivalent Intel platform laptops. That's simple enough: you're paying more for the Intel brand. But what about battery life?

AMD VS Intel Battery Life?

I guess it depends on the chip and the TDP but I don't think one is superior to the other. AMD might last a little longer but only because some of their chips have super low TDP. Still doesn't mean much though cause it depends on TDP and not brand name.

Intel has always been that way with laptops because of the centrino platform.

Then again, the test has one flaw.

The intel system was running the standard Intel GMA, while the amd system actualy had a dedicated gpu, the HD3200.

Intel has always been that way with laptops because of the centrino platform.

Then again, the test has one flaw.

The intel system was running the standard Intel GMA, while the amd system actualy had a dedicated gpu, the HD3200.

The HD 3200 is faster than the x4500M HD but it's still a IGP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom