Need a budget build

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClayKann

Baseband Member
I really miss gaming and would love to build another rig. Its been so long though i dont know whats good and whats bad anymore. Really would like to spend about $400 bucks i need everything besides monitor, keyboard, and mouse. I wanna be able to play the games at a decent setting. Just need something where i can play gta iv, arma 2, cod4, and a few flight sims.

I will be playing on a 15 inch crt monitor at a whopping 1024x768 res. So i dont need anything crazy as far as graphics.

have you thought about maybe squeezing in a new monitor in your budget for a little more money? also, do you have any parts you could salvage from an older computer like a disk drive or hdd?

well for the OS you can use the windows 7 RC for free till about march of next year.

Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC): Instructions for Free Download

and here is a good case,

Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

it's extremely hard to build a good gaming rig for $400. but to cut costs you can replace the gfx card and CPU with these parts,

Newegg.com - ASUS EAH4770 FORMULA/DI/512MD5 Radeon HD 4770 512MB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards that will save you $10

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X3 710 2.6GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops not a quad, but almost as good and will save you $65

I just need a decent rig like i said i just wanna play the games decently. Thanks for the help.

Which card is better the 4850 or 4770? They are the same in price.....

^ not so much. intel currently pwns (yes i said it) amd with thier i7's just amd is better for people on a budget. and nvidia is currently holding the number 1 spot in the gfx wars with the GTX 295 beating the 4870x2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom