New Gaming Computer help...:cyclopes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icefire

Solid State Member
Ok, i've been looking up parts for my new gaming rig. I've come to some conclusions on which parts i think would be best for a gaming computer.

Motherboard and CPU combo: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Hard Drive: Any suggestions? P.S. i don't want to spend over $150

GPU: Keeping my EVGA 9800 GT until i get some more money.

PSU: Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Memory/RAM: Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3P1600LV6GK - Desktop Memory

Computer Case: Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Thanks for reading my future configuration. Please provide feedback on items that you would suggest to buy otherwise if there is something bad that i stated. :cyclopes:

As muffin said, you don't really need the 850W psu. The combo deal he linked you to is pretty good, the PSU will handle what you have now with room for upgrades later, and the case is one of the best atm.

As for your mobo, I'd say stick with the deluxe v2 only if you're going to be overclocking your cpu (which btw you SHOULD be doing, i7's are dead easy to OC). I'd also say grab yourself a third party cpu cooler, you'll easily be able to run @ 4-4.2Ghz stable then. It won't cost you much more, say about $70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom