question about memory timings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traicer

Baseband Member
ok so i bough some kingston hyperx Ram, on the website it said its suppost to be 2-3-2-6-1 timings, so i set it up and check my bios and the timings say 8-3-3-2.5t i had the same timings before with value ram. i check the serial code on ram and looked up on internet and the timings are correct, but my MB won't read them like that. does any one one if thats correct or how do i fix my timing.

well you can change the timings manually on your bios.. just get into your bios and instead of doing default or whatever it's on, change it to manual and then fix up your timings. I think some mobos or maybe all just have precautions on things.. as they have default settings depending on certain ram speeds.. and as for cpus their default is like the lowest chip the mobo will support.. so no worries, just something you have to maually set...

what i don't get is that they give me 2-3-2-6-1 and on my MB i only have 8-3-3-2T, im missing on number and which one is wich lol?

no man it's not necessarily labeled the same in each motherboard. Meaning like the 2T you see is the first 2 in 2-3-2-6-1 that 8 you got in there, is supposed to be 6 and one of the 3's is supposed to be a 2, but you need to see what the 3 is named first in your BIOS.

lol I have no clue whats you're talking. It's hard to troubleshoot without seeing it ya know?

yeah change the RAS to CAS to 2 and the 2.5T to 2 if you have the HyperX read it backwards and you got 2-3-2-8 and the 8 needs to be changed to 6 so that'd make it 2-3-2-6 timings right there

There is also a possibility that your motherboard does not have support for that low of latencies.

ok well i got it now, should be 6-2-3-2t on bios but when i set it up like that i get some weird screen when booting up. Saying "CPU ID: 0" and i get stuck there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom