Best gaming mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like my G5. However I've never used another "gaming" mouse and I like a big mouse. Actually if I could design a mouse I would make the G5 but longer (to keep my wrist off the desk) and push the scroll wheel more forward (for easier use when using 3 fingers).

Why would you want your wrist off the desk!? thats a sure way to get RSI if you are hovering your arm above the desk.

Depends on how your style of holding the mouse is.

Fingertip grip (really fast movement but easily the most fatiguing), Claw grip (don't have to explain this one, and palm grip (also known as normal)

There are different mice for each category.

Fingertip grip: I can only think of the Salmosa
Claw grip: Copperhead, G5, G7, G9
Palm: Deathadder, Lachesis, G5, G7, G9

But ya, tell which style you play with.

Thats interesting, i've never considered there are different styles of holding the mouse.. now you've mentioned it I do only hold the mouse with my finger tips - most of the time anyway. I don't find it in the least bit fatiguing and I use a mouse for about 10 hours a day. I use a razer diamondback BTW which is sweet, a friend of mine has an mx518 and I absolutely hate it, it doesn't suit me at all, the shape is horrid, the buttons are small and clickity and the mouse itself is relatively heavy and has poor glide... maybe i'm just spoiled by using a razer mouse for all these years :D

Personally, if there could only be one mouse in existence and all other mice had to be destroyed, the one design I would keep is the Razer Copperhead.

looks like an interesting mouse, its hard to tell from the pictures i've found but it seems to have a fairly high back, can I conclude that its a palm grip mouse?

looks like an interesting mouse, its hard to tell from the pictures i've found but it seems to have a fairly high back, can I conclude that its a palm grip mouse?

Yes, it's a palm grip mouse.

If you have COD4, it makes the G3 act like the M16 acts in the multiplayer.

Its kind of cheap, but fun haha

I didn't use the mouse for very long (I was checking it out while setting up for a LAN party) but I have always wanted to try out the G3 with Triple threat. Apparently it's also great when you are trying to spam someone with bounty in SiOASE before time runs out.

Set your fire button to the scroll wheel and every gun is almost automatic. Wonder if that would work with the mx revolution? With the wheel is free spin mode.... I'll try it whenever mine gets here. I hate shipping and waiting, like 2-14 days, how broad can you get?

i think spending $50 or more on a mouse is ridiculous. My OCZ equalizer cost $15 and to not sound chessey is really does "equalize". The triple threat button comes in handy in so many places. RTS, RPG and FPS have all felt the power of my mouse and it has been very successful. It does 2500dpi, tracks much better on poor surfaces than Logitechs, and the rubberized case makes for great grip.

I didn't use the mouse for very long (I was checking it out while setting up for a LAN party) but I have always wanted to try out the G3 with Triple threat. Apparently it's also great when you are trying to spam someone with bounty in SiOASE before time runs out.
I use AutoHotkey for that (hold "end" for really fast clicking, "pause" to enable/disable the script)
Code:
#MaxHotkeysPerInterval 2000

*PAUSE::Suspend
return

*END::
loop
{
GetKeyState,state,END,P

if state = U
break

Send,{Click}
}
But then I usually don't care about Pirates. They're easy enough to deal with (especially with Starbases in the Entrenchment expansion).

In fact I like letting them put bounty on me, so that my capital ships get experience from killing the pirates.

But the script is useful if you are capturing planets, and you want to queue buildings/upgrades with little effort (heaps of clicking involved)

Anyway, the MX518 is one of my favourite mice. As well as the G5. Both are within your price range.
There's also the DeathAdder, which is pretty good (but I've only tried it very briefly)

I use AutoHotkey for that (hold "end" for really fast clicking, "pause" to enable/disable the script)
Code:
#MaxHotkeysPerInterval 2000

*PAUSE::Suspend
return

*END::
loop
{
GetKeyState,state,END,P

if state = U
break

Send,{Click}
}
But then I usually don't care about Pirates. They're easy enough to deal with (especially with Starbases in the Entrenchment expansion).

In fact I like letting them put bounty on me, so that my capital ships get experience from killing the pirates.

But the script is useful if you are capturing planets, and you want to queue buildings/upgrades with little effort (heaps of clicking involved)

Anyway, the MX518 is one of my favourite mice. As well as the G5. Both are within your price range.
There's also the DeathAdder, which is pretty good (but I've only tried it very briefly)

I only have vanilla sins, but i agree with the pirate thing. It helps me get cp ships to lvl 5 pretty quick. That, paired with a ton of LRMs and Kodiaks makes me unstoppable. The one thing i can't get around is one of my buddies econ booms and he can easily out spend me every time at the end of them game. I don't know how he does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom