new gaming/high end PC, help with mobo selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake64_009

In Runtime
Hi, I'm looking to build a new PC in about a months time (unless anyone thinks I should wait for any reason).

I need some help on which motherboard to choose. I will be getting an Intel i7 CPU and an Nvidia 200 series GTx graphics card ( not sure which one but it will be a high end one). I am going to get at least 4GB 1600Mhz DDR3 memory, possibly even 1800 or 2000Mhz. I want the motherboard to have SLi in case i need it but it is not essential but I do need 1 or 2 more PCI-E slots. I want a good, reliable and tidy motherboard. I don't really have a budget limit but that does not mean i am willing to spend £300 odd if I can get a £200 one that will do the same job. I'd like a few options to browse through. Oh and i may possibly overlock things ( haven't decided) but I'd like the motherboard to be reliable there too. Oh and i need it to be futureproof for a long while!

Currently I have a Gigabyte EP35-DS3R motherboard and I really like it and find it reliable.

Thanks,
Aidin

Oh and also watercooling or not?

I'll have a look at all of those and see what i like but if you had to recommend just one; what would you choose?

I've never used OCZ RAM, is it good and reliable? compared to Corsair dominator series, which is better?

OCZ and Corsair are both very good brands of RAM. The OCZ Platinums would be comparable to the Dominators, I believe, excluding heatsinks.

And personally I'd go for the Asus P6T Deluxe V2. Slaymate certainly knows more about mobos than I do though :p

If I was choosing? I'm all about overclocking so the EVGA is my choice. But for most people the Asus would be the best choice.

Corsair is excellant memory, but it's just way overpriced, your paying out the arse for the name. OCZ is the new memory/performance/price winner in my book :D

The EVGA will run your memory beyond 2000MHz. I had mine up to 2350Mhz with relaxed timings during this SuperPi run :D

pi8203.jpg

wow, that is very nice! Looks like i need to take some tips from you regarding overclocking! I think i will stick with the EVGA mobo then. I'll do myself a build in the next couple of days and post on here for opinions. thanks so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom