Help Building A Computer. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should understand that with a prebuilt, when you want to upgrade the GPU, you will also need to spend $50+ upgrading the Power Supply as very few prebuilts come with one that can power a good GPU. Also, an integrated 9200 won't perform as well as a separate one because it shares memory, and can often put load on the processor.

While building is often cheaper, it isn't the number one reason most people build computers. They build computers because they know exactly what parts go into their computer, and they have control over their entire system.

When you buy a prebuilt, be prepared, if something goes wrong, for repair to be a headache. Psu went out? The new one might not fit in the socket. Want to upgrade the Graphics? Oh, too bad, need a better power supply, and if it fits, oh, shucks, the case was designed strangely and getting the card you want into the case is impossible, as its too long, tall, or whatever. Card reader went out? Too bad, its built into the case. Motherboard went out? Too bad your power switch pins are blocked together and a new motherboard will mean buying a new case.

I exaggerate, obviously. You're not likely to have every problem, or perhaps not likely to have any, but, I have had most of the aforementioned happen to me, and I'm only 19, so I'm sure I'll encounter a few dozen more in the next few years.

Edit: Recording videos at high resolution while you play will make almost any game/program lag. Its a very intense task.

I guess I'll buy that.
Anything I'm missing or need to know about?

Oh yah with the DVD thing - can I buy that later and have no problems?

yep, just install it in the case and hook up the cables whenever you buy one. but do you plan to use an old one that you already have? because you'd still need a disk drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom