Case Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigm@tic

In Runtime
I bought another case (Xclio A380) because of overheating problems and am thinking of moving all the hardware from my old case into the new one by myself instead of paying a tech $50 to do it... since every one here says how easy it is.

The only things I'm worried about is frying the motherboard or stuffing something up bad since I need the computer.

Does anyone have any good links to instructions for assembling it? I don't know if I'll need to take out the RAM and everything that is already on the mobo before moving it into the next comp or just leave it attached to the motherboard and screw it into the chasis then plug in all the cables etc.

So you want to transfer all the parts of your pc from one case into another?

Easiest way to do it (imo) is to start by taking out the PSU, unplug all the power cables from the mobo hdd's etc. and unscrew it from the case. Then take out all your expansion cards (e.g. sound vido network etc.)
Then take out your hdd's and optical drive. After that unscrew your mobo, and carefully lift it out of the case.

The do all of that in reverse to install them in the new case :) Don't bother taking out your ram or your cpu/heatsink or anything else I haven't mentioned above. Won't really matter.

So you want to transfer all the parts of your pc from one case into another?

Easiest way to do it (imo) is to start by taking out the PSU, unplug all the power cables from the mobo hdd's etc. and unscrew it from the case. Then take out all your expansion cards (e.g. sound vido network etc.)
Then take out your hdd's and optical drive. After that unscrew your mobo, and carefully lift it out of the case.

The do all of that in reverse to install them in the new case :) Don't bother taking out your ram or your cpu/heatsink or anything else I haven't mentioned above. Won't really matter.

Cool, sounds simple.

I'll post back if I have issues.

Alright I have a couple of problems...

Firstly, when I was removing the video card from the motherboard I put too much pressure on that bracket thing and snapped it... not sure if it's now screwed or can I just use the other slot instead?

Secondly, after I installed the motherboard into the new case, the expansion slots don't line up with where I will be installing the gfx card..

I'll try to get a pic if you guys don't understand what I mean by those.

EDIT - I got the video card lined up properly but I'll show you the problem in the pic..
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/995/dsc00455ypv.jpg

Why don't you just move the fan controller over a few slots?
Also, for future reference, the clip on the pcie slot is there to hold the card in. To remove the card you're meant to bend it back first :)

Thanks man, don't know what I would do without you some times lol.

Well, after getting all of this figured out I went to boot up and nothing happened so I played around for another 40 minutes with the spacers and finally got it running but mega mega slow..

Shows the motherboard screen as usual when i boot but it hangs for like 3 minutes then shows a screen saying "Boot GRLDR Resetting the boot drive" and slowly boots into windows.. other than that I think everything is fine. After I boot in to windows it runs as smooth as ever before.

You wouldn't be using a pirated OS would you? :D

Do a repair install of the OS, it'll fix up your issue.

edit: btw, tf does not condone pirating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom