$900 gaming rig need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttzu

In Runtime
Hello everyone! So I am building my computer at the moment and now a friend wants me to build him one as well...

He has a max budget of $900. He needs everything... Mouse, Keyboard, Monitor, case, MB, etc... (you get the idea)

He wants to be able to play Aion, COD4, Warhammer 40k Dawn of War, Warhammer Online, all on good settings...

He wants to know if it would be better to build now or wait until the spring... he said he isn't dieing to get one now but if prices are good he would want to build it in September/October.

All help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :D

Depends on how long he wants to wait. Could wait a couple months for the 5000 series of ATI card or 300 series of Nvidia. By then i7 cpus and DDR3 mobos and RAM should be cheaper. Otherwise you can get a nice high end AMD build now, although it depends on how nice a monitor he'd like. Those can run anywhere from $160-400+. Which would take a big chunk out of the $900 budget.

Dow1 or Dow2? Dow1 should be able to run quite easily on not much, but Dow2 will take up that whole budget if you want high-end graphics.

There is no point in putting up a build list now. Prices will change a lot by the time October gets here.

Ok... I will post back on here after he decides to build. Thanks for the help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom