Best Graphics card to overclocker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamingslave

In Runtime
Best Graphics card to overclock?

Right, i am wanting to get a new graphics card but i want one that will overclock easily and effectivly. Can anyone of you wonderful people suggest the perfect card for overclocking?

Merci :p

eVGA 6800GT 256mb Card. Can apparantly overclock easily to Ultra Speeds.

Heck, i got my plain 6800 overclocked to 420, almost ultra speeds, ultra is 425. the memory is also overclocked to ultra speeds which is 1100mhz. It's a heck a lot cheaper to do it my way. :) With a plain 6800 you get a single slot heatsink and fan, instead of being a beast in size like the GT and the Ultra taking up two slots due to it's oversized cooling. Oh, the plain 6800 only needs one power hook up too. If you get ASUS, you get a free overclocking tool and the heatsink has bright blue LEDs.

Can I pimp my card any more? No.

the ultra is the only card that takes up 2 slots... and the problem with the plain 6800 is the lack of ddr3 ram... which results in being that even if you have your plain 6800 clocked higher than that of a GT you still wont get the performance the GT gives you... easier to buy the gt (fits in one single slot) and overclock it to beyong ultra speeds... which can be done very easily :)

EDIT: just read ur system specs.. if u have that asus v999 gamers edition 6800 or something than you paid a lot more for it than you should have.. you could gave gotten a msi or evga or even a pny verto card for cheaper.. and still have been able to oc it :)

6800GT.....i've heard great results about overclocking this card. Although I don't recommend X800 Pros, the Visiontek X800 Pro is a great overclocker too.

well with the x800 pros you only get 12 pipelines (compared to the 16 you get with the 6800GT).. i have heard that the x800 XT performs better than the 6800 series... it also has 16 pipelines... but ull end up paying around the same area (if not more) for the x800 XT compared to the 6800 Ultra.. so it's much cheaper to get a 6800 GT and oc it... most bang for your buck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom