Onboard Audio Static?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speakers
Line in (muted - takes away some of the static)
Microphone (muted - has no effect)
CD Player (muted - takes away some of the static)

There is still this constant buzz tho, whenever im doing anything. I've tried unplugging everything from the mobo, fans, connectors aswell.

Thats strange, because i have levels for for about 12 things including the subwoofer and it even has what colour the ports are, are you sure you scrolled down?? It must be directly affected by the audio driver because otherwise these wouldnt show up. I know you have already re-tried the driver, but try re-installing it once more (use driver cleaner pro to clean before re-installing) and see if the beep option appears.

Dont take it back! Its a simple fix, i found it:

1) Open the "Sound" profile in Vista's control panel.

2) Double click the "Speakers" selection.

3) Click on the "Levels" tab.

4) Find the entry titled "PC Beep". Mute this entry by clicking on the blue speaker icon to the left of the "Balance" icon.

That fixed mine, so hopefully it works for you too.

Signed up just to say thank you meat_helmet, I had just finished building a new PC using the P6T & Windows 7, & was disturbed to find this static type noise in the background, which seemed to react to everything I did (scrolling, moving mouse, hard drive activity etc etc). Your solution resolved the issue perfectly. No more annoying noises!

aldernon... are you sure you've followed meat_helmet's instructions exactly? He has outlined the process perfectly, so you should see the "PC Beep" volume slider. For me, "PC Beep" is the first entry. But there is a scroll bar to the right & you should be able to scroll through all available entries. I would be surprised if "PC Beep" is definitely not there.

No problem mate. It was totally my idea, lol.

...I found it on another forum somewhere, but glad it has helped another person because its a very annoying thing to have.

I recently finished building my system and now am noticing a random static noise in the background. Im using an Asus P6T mobo with Built in audio, no sound card.

Its like a small buss sound that fades in and out quickly. A Static-ie zap if u will... I dont know how to describe it, but im pretty sure its the same noise I got on my old board. Installing a sound card made that noise go away.

Ive updated the drivers, any ideas?
It's an onboard sound card. It's not designed to compete with a good sound card in terms of noise, distortion, etc.

If you want a cheap sound card that's also got 'clean' sound, there's the Xonar DX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom