Netbook run photoshop or illustrator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At that price, I'd buy either a better AMD or Intel based netbook to save money, or go with a laptop. You can get an laptop for that price, that will run Photoshop A LOT better than that, and you get an optical drive, larger hard drive, more ram, and a better IGP.

Newegg.com - PCs & Laptops,Laptops, Notebooks & Netbooks,$400 - $500

Newegg.com - lenovo G530-444635U NoteBook Intel Pentium dual-core T4200(2.00GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 2GB Memory 160GB HDD 5400rpm Dual layer DVD Burner Intel GMA 4500M - Laptops / Notebooks

Newegg.com - MSI CR600-013US NoteBook Intel Pentium dual-core T4200(2.00GHz) 16" Wide XGA 3GB Memory 320GB HDD DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G - Laptops / Notebooks (This would be my choice.)

At that price, I'd buy either a better AMD or Intel based netbook to save money, or go with a laptop. You can get an laptop for that price, that will run Photoshop A LOT better than that, and you get an optical drive, larger hard drive, more ram, and a better IGP.

Newegg.com - PCs & Laptops,Laptops, Notebooks & Netbooks,$400 - $500

Newegg.com - lenovo G530-444635U NoteBook Intel Pentium dual-core T4200(2.00GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 2GB Memory 160GB HDD 5400rpm Dual layer DVD Burner Intel GMA 4500M - Laptops / Notebooks

Newegg.com - MSI CR600-013US NoteBook Intel Pentium dual-core T4200(2.00GHz) 16" Wide XGA 3GB Memory 320GB HDD DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G - Laptops / Notebooks (This would be my choice.)

Thanks for the reply. I don't want another 15+ inch screen laptop. I already have a 17 that's out-dated but still works. I want something more portable like a netbook.

So the question is, will that samsung run photoshop and illustrator?

Thanks for the reply. I don't want another 15+ inch screen laptop. I already have a 17 that's out-dated but still works. I want something more portable like a netbook.

So the question is, will that samsung run photoshop and illustrator?

It will, but don't count on it doing it well. My girlfriend has an Eee PC that she bought for the same reason, but she often finds herself using it at a transfer device. She says the screen is too small to actually do anything with the photos, and it takes forever to actually get the photos done with it.

I have just sold a netbook mostly because it was small, don't get me wrong they are ideal for say checking a email while on holiday or keeping in the back of your car while war driving but for general use not in the slightest.

If I wanted small and portable with power I would get something like -
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/...-category-id=4922F3BB4CA3495C81868D5187ACE74A

OR as this is going to be used for something graphical this -
Lenovo - Notebook computers - ThinkPad X200T - United Kingdom(UK)

I would not be using a netbook for photoshop or illustrator. Firstly the physical size. Secondly, I don't think the CPU and it up for the demands that those 2 programs (or least the current version) require

I didn't want to start a new thread and will keep it here. Looks like my old 17'' Toshiba just died after almost 8 years of service.

I was looking for a netbook but now I'm reconsidering...

So how is this one? Should run photoshop and/or illustrator fine right? Price okay for what it offers?

Toshiba Satellite M505D-S4930 14" Laptop / AMD Turion X2 RM-74 Processor

Also last question, is the AMD turion X2 better or Pentium dual-core better?

I saw this one as well

Gateway 14.1" WXGA Laptop / Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor

thanks everyone!

No offense to the resident AMD Fayboys, but every time I see AMD in a laptop computer, i do find that the other all quality of the laptop build itself is a let down.

It's almost like the system builders where thinking "Well, since we are cutting corners on the price of the CPU, let cut a few more just so we can produce the cheapest possible laptop"

I wouldn't run photoshop or illustrator on a netbook. It's just too small and it isn't suited for that purpose.
You can still get a laptop with 14.1" widescreen which is portable enough and has enough computing power to handle photoshop or illustrator.
I just bought this toshiba laptop at Toshiba Satellite® E105-S1602 Laptops and it is light-weight enough to carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom