Caller ID question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chara33

Daemon Poster
Hi, I currently have dsl connected to my computer as a means of connecting to internet. I also have vonage as my telephone provider. I just put a modem card in my computer because I would like to have a means of having caller ID over my computer.

My main setup is the following. I have my dsl modem that has my phone line from the wall connected to it. I run an RJ45 cable from that to the back of my router. I then have a phone line connected from the back of my linksys router to the phone itself. I also have 2 RJ45 cables running to 2 different computers. All work without issues. I am guessing on this part that I need to put a splitter on the router and put the phone line from there to my phone itself and then would I put the other phone line into the splitter and the other end of the phone line into my v90 dialup modem. Would I then be able to receive caller ID over my computer as long as I have 3rd party software for it and a driver for my dialup modem as well. Can someone plz verfiy this for me.

thx

PS, I have caller ID service and s/w for this service.

Is your phone an internet phone? does it connect to your router using an rj45, or does it use a RJ11 (typical phone connection)?

re-read: as long as the splitter is on the phone jack, it should in theory work.

if not, run the phone cable from the router into your pc, then from the other phone jack labled PHONE, run that to your phone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom