Building Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

vladimars

Solid State Member
Alrighty .... well this will be my first major build with computers beyond upgrading small things and I was planning on building it around the i7 920 and the ASUS P6T LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard mobo. For a video card I plan on getting either a 4870 or 4890 at first and then add another in crossfire ( i would prefer XFX if possible)

However I'm not sure about the memory ( Is it worth it to upgrade to 64 bit and have around 8-10 GB memory?)
hard drive(s) ( I was thinking about getting a 1.5 terabyte for info and maybe a SSD for my bootup ... or would two regular harddrives in raid 0 be better?)
power supply ... i have no idea here
or case ...

So I'd like to not go too too high with the price as this is something i'll be saving up for for the next 2-3 months ... what are your guy's suggestions?

Or should i just stick with one of intels Q.... somethings?

If you have the budget an i7 is the way to go in my book.

Memory you would want to run a 64bit OS and get 6gb of ram as ddr3 on an i7 runs in triple chanell mode so 3 x 2gb.

As for drives if you could afford a ssd that would be your fastest drive option. If not just get a wd black 640gb drive for os and programs.

Power supply for xfire you would want a Corsiar 850tx to be safe a 750tx may produce enough power depending upon the card you go with. The 4890 is you best bet at the moment but that could change in 3 months.

Case is a person preference. Just get something you like with good airflow.

No sense in posting links at the moment as you are 3 months away from building and things will change in that time. Look to spend around $1000 to $1200. A bit more if you go for an ssd.

Thanx ... would the Cosiar 850tx be powerful enough to run 2 4890's, 2 hard drives, a blu-ray player, light scribe dvd player/recorder and a couple of other little gizmo's and gadgets i attach to the computer. Also with the 64 bit operating system would i be better off going to 9 GB (3 x 3) or no.

Any other suggestions for motherboard as i thought that would looked rather good.

Thanx ... would the Cosiar 850tx be powerful enough to run 2 4890's, 2 hard drives, a blu-ray player, light scribe dvd player/recorder and a couple of other little gizmo's and gadgets i attach to the computer. Also with the 64 bit operating system would i be better off going to 9 GB (3 x 3) or no.
The 850TX would indeed be powerful enough for that. So would the 750TX.

You're unlikely to need more than 6GB (3x2GB) if you're only going to be gaming.

Any other suggestions for motherboard as i thought that would looked rather good.

Even a 750W corsair would be enough, Don't worry about more Ram as Yamikotai said, 6GB is plenty. If you have some spare money to put towards the system I think you will appreciate the speed and benefits of an SSD drive most.
Motherboad you have picked out is a good choice, I have it, great value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom