Project: 'Monster' Gaming Rig by CustomPCMAX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!

A mural will be airbrushed over the front of the bezel, so the Silverstone badge will be removed and smoothed over with filler.

silverstone_tj07_tj09_tj10_ultimate_gaming_pc5.jpg

You can pry off the badge with a micro flat head screw driver, I use masking tape to avoid scratching the surface
silverstone_tj07_tj09_tj10_ultimate_gaming_pc6.jpg

I has so much envy I could paint the case green just by looking at it. great job so far guys! Can't wait to see the finished product.
And wow, with all that tech I agree with the first few posts, it's a shame there's only going to be air cooling in this thing. You sure you couldn't convince them to chuck in a little liquid?

Yea, that Charger Green case actually looked pretty sick. This case is just a beauty as-is. Can't wait to see this one through too!

I has so much envy I could paint the case green just by looking at it. great job so far guys! Can't wait to see the finished product.
And wow, with all that tech I agree with the first few posts, it's a shame there's only going to be air cooling in this thing. You sure you couldn't convince them to chuck in a little liquid?

Thanks to all the comments!

They are fully aware of how the OC'ing will probably be limited by not doing water cooling. But, they want air to start with. In the future, I believe they have intentions of installing their own water cooling setup... Ultimately, I think we are still going to achieve some nice OCing with the HSF that was chosen.

Thanks for commenting guys!

I use Evercoat's Everglass "short strand" fiberglass filler mixed with included blue cream hardener to fill in the badge location. After an hour, I sand the surface smooth with 300 grit with 3M brand automotive sand paper.

silverstone_tj07_tj09_tj10_ultimate_gaming_pc7.jpg

silverstone_tj07_tj09_tj10_ultimate_gaming_pc8.jpg

silverstone_tj07_tj09_tj10_ultimate_gaming_pc9.jpg

This is shaping up quite nicely.

They are fully aware of how the OC'ing will probably be limited by not doing water cooling. But, they want air to start with. In the future, I believe they have intentions of installing their own water cooling setup... Ultimately, I think we are still going to achieve some nice OCing with the HSF that was chosen.

The Magahalems is definitely a beast of a heatsink...you know what you should do, take this opportunity to test out TX-3:

Newegg.com - Tuniq TX-3 Extreme Performance and Exceptional Reliability Thermal Compound - Thermal Compound / Grease

I'm sure it would be pretty interesting to see the difference in performance between the two, I'm sure most everyone else would agree with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom