Photography Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll back it up, getting my background stands and strobe units soon. Hopefully some nice product/food photography will arise.

I'm not entirely bothered either way, I never actually use the different forum categories; the only page I ever see is New Posts. But it sounds like it's worth a try, put my name down.

I think a sub forum would be perfect. It's not like it's really a big deal to add it. If it's a matter of it another forum to have to moderate, there won't be insane traffic and i'm sure there's plenty of us (if not just myself) who'd be willing to help out and support the sub-forum. Granted, this won't be a specific forum like POTN (google it), but I dont think it would hurt to include a photography/digital/graphical media section of some sort.

But from what i see, having a few people from the staff throw their name into the hat on this one shows that you kinda feel that having that kinda backing from some of the staff will give this suggestion some extra weight.

Or it could mean that they actually want something like to this to happen and felt that they should give their opinion? I really hope you don't think me, hef, and chris are just trying to "use our positions" to get what we want. Sorry if you think that, we just think it's a good idea.

Anyway, we'll see what happens with support.

I'm not sure I see why It has to be something "supported"... adding a subforum isn't hard... and its not any extra work after its been made. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but... not so much understanding. My theory is "Just do it"... if doesn't work, "undo". If anything, its more ad revenue....

:confused:

I'm not sure I see why It has to be something "supported"... adding a subforum isn't hard... and its not any extra work after its been made. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but... not so much understanding. My theory is "Just do it"... if doesn't work, "undo". If anything, its more ad revenue....

:confused:

It isnt that simple. With the SEO in place, by "Just doing it" we could in fact mess up our page ranks on search engines because we have added a new sub-forum which was not previously classified. Which would then cause the SEO for such a sub-forum to possibly cause the SEO for the rest of the site to go haywire.

While it is extreme that this would happen, (the page ranks messed up for the rest of the forum) it is still something that has to be considered. Larry has put a lot of time and a lot of effort into optimizing the SEO for the site. which is why we have a URL of Tech-forum and a site heading as Computer Forums. It allows for the SEO to broaden the range during searches. For not only Tech but Computer as well.

The site is a lot larger than most. The just do it attitude can not be used. It has to be thought out, it has to be planned out. It has to be considered if it is worth doing, not because a few people want it, but because it is something that would in fact benefit the site.

I mean after all this is a Tech-Forum. Photography is about the picture. It is about the moment of time that you captured and want to share with the world. How is that really tech related?

Yes you can argue that the camera used or how the images was photochopped. But it is still about the image itself. About how you captured that image, how your present that image. That is not really Techy. That is artsy.

Like i said i have no issue doing it, but i will not just do it or do it cause a few people want it. If that is the case then every suggestion would be implemented without discussion and the site would not be what it is today.

Hikari,

You must forgive me with that statement. As i said AFTER that. It wasnt meant to be a slap or anything. It is just how i felt at the time. My head is still going in circles. But this isnt the first time that some people on the staff have put their support behind something like this just to get it done. The previously mentioned sub-forum additions, look at who put their name into the hat on that one, look at the results. It isnt hard to see that the same type of behavior is kinda expected as well. Which is why i spoke my mind and said that. Cause i see the same pattern that i have seen 2 previous times now.

Trotter said:
Yeah, C.Clown contacted me about it. I have been thinking about it for a couple of days.

I think it will work, but should be its own forum in the WWW section. Call it "Digital Photography & Imaging" or something and include digital cameras in with it. Might want to move the "Tech-Forums Monthly Image Contests" sub-forum from the "Web Graphics" forum into the new one. Hmmm... I wonder if Hikari or Baez (or both) would like to start those back up...? (Here's a link to the old contest rules as they may want to rewrite them.)

The description for the Audio & Multimedia will have to be edited to remove the photography reference.
Most of what I sent to Mak.

Does that mean it will be it's own forum on the main page, or a whole separate site? Sorry for being such a noob :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom