RAM preference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody with real feedback?

Interestingly enough, pchardware had a shootout between the hyperx and the dominator and the hyperx did just as good or better. Of course i was more interested in hyperx vs. the nondominator corsair 1600 DDr3

I would pick the Corsair, simply because I have always used Corsair and know it to be very high quality. Kingston used to be the gold standard in memory (pre-2006), but now other companies such as OCZ, G.Skill and Corsair have taken over.

TBH, its all pretty much they same. I have ran just about every brand of memory and never had any issue with any. I run corsair 1600 and patriot 1600 right now. Still i prefer OCZ when given the choice.

Given a choice between just those 2 I would go with the Corsair. But I'm currently using OCZ in both of my i7 pc's and I was using Patriot in my old QX9650 pc.

Hmm, I suppose at the higher end of things they all pretty much are equal huh. Or at least these aforementioned brands

You get what you pay for most of the times. If you want the best expect to pay a premium for it thou.

I am running Dominators in my machine now, and Reapers in my HTPC. Both are great brands. I too prefer OCZ. Kingston is great memory and can definitely hold it's own with the other brands, it just tends to be a little more money for what you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom