which cpu is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the reason i dont want to build is i never done it before and i don't have the money to fool around with that before i head back to school. i just wanted a good computer that should last till or through graduate school.
and how easy could building a cpu really be? i leave in under two weeks so i doubt that i have the time without spending extra for quicker shipping. alienware only has two shipping options 2 day and 3-5 so i at least had time to get an opinion on the models i did on their site.

and any comments on cpu#4? i know i could downgrade the hard drive to 500 or 250 to upgrade something else, but i was completely unfamilier with the motherboard and he didnt list the specific model.

and to hefemeister, thanks for listing that site, their prices seem much better then dell/alienware.

yeah, alienware are notorious for high prices, but dell? hmm, they're ususally cheap but totally non-customizable :)

ibuypower is great because you can basically select all of your components and just have them build it for you.

Dell and Alienware will stick you with some cheap components most notably the psu.

I would still lean towards building your own but if I could not I would never buy a gaming computer from Dell or Alienware.

the reason i dont want to build is i never done it before and i don't have the money to fool around with that before i head back to school. i just wanted a good computer that should last till or through graduate school.
and how easy could building a cpu really be? i leave in under two weeks so i doubt that i have the time without spending extra for quicker shipping. alienware only has two shipping options 2 day and 3-5 so i at least had time to get an opinion on the models i did on their site.

and any comments on cpu#4? i know i could downgrade the hard drive to 500 or 250 to upgrade something else, but i was completely unfamilier with the motherboard and he didnt list the specific model.

and to hefemeister, thanks for listing that site, their prices seem much better then dell/alienware.

There isn't really anything to "learn" ... honestly... motherboard has a plug that looks like X, PSU has a plug that looks like X... put it together... the most difficult part is cable management and mounting the heatsink on the cpu (which is actually easy, just intimidating the first time)... but yea.. . if that is not an option, ibuypower and cyberpower are better options than alienware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom