Photography Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wouldnt the either one of the forums work? I mean why create a whole new sub-forum to incorporate what is already in 2 places? You can post in either. Jsut like the MP3 Player aspect. You can post it up in the Audio & Multimedia OR Phones -BT- Other Handhelds.

I dont see a cry out for creating a sub-forums for just MP3 Players when they get more action on the site than anything that deals with photography.

The one is digital images. Isnt that exactly what the photographs are now? I mean if your using a Digital Camera that makes the images Digital. So why not jsut create topics in there and use that as the photography area. I can edit the descriptions of the forums easily. But i dont see the need to create yet another sub-forum for something that is covered by 2 forums now.

I know that creating a whole forum for it wont fly. That will mess with the SEO that is already in place. Larry wouldnt go for it. It would have to be a sub-forum. But as already stated, i dont see the need. Honestly i dont. I can see 2 places where people can post up this information and have it readily seen by every and any one. Creating a sub-forum for it will cause more havoc.

This will have to wait until i can talk to Trotter.

Well, I don't have a digital camera for my photography, I only have my 35mm camera, so my photos are only digital images because I get them on a CD when I develop them. But not to split hairs of course.

We have other sections that get limited activity as well, like the Nintendo section, yet we keep that because it's Nintendo.

The problem with having two places to post these things is it gets jumbled. While you could technically make topics in the audio section for MP3s, but the handheld section is pretty specific for it. A centralized place to post things would see more traffic than with a couple different sections. There's probably not a lot of photography traffic because of this in the first place, it doesn't look (on first glance) there's a place for that sort of thing.

Sorry if I'm playing devil's advocate, lol. :p

What does having the Nintendo are have to do with this? that has been on the site since 2004 back when it was more active. It is alot different having SEO setup for forums that are already listed. But adding a new forum and getting the SEO setup and NOT mess up teh SEO already in place is a different story.

So fine, i will remove the part for photography from the Multimedia section. That will limit it all to the Digital Images area. How's that. No more confusion and under 1 heading.

Plain and simple, if you take it with a 35MM Camera or a Digital Camera, if you are sharing it on the site then it is digital. It would then fall under Digital Images. Cause it can't be on film if it is on the internet. No hair splitting or anything like that. It seems pretty straight forward to me on that one. It is a web site and no matter how the picture is taken, at the point where it is being shared it is digital. How it got to be digital is a different story. But by the time you post it, it is digital. Simple straight forward.

Seriously, i am against it. Because we have enough trouble right now as it is with people not posting in the right area. Creating yet ANOTHER forum for people to post this in will now give them 3 choices. Cause they may not see the sub-forum and therefor post it in the Multimedia area and then we have to move it. So how does it help creating a sub-forum when we still are doing the same thing we are now?

Larry isnt going to mess up the SEO to make it a major forum. Plus there is not enough demand for it to be a major forum. There is more demand for MP3 Players and they are still only a sub classification.

I like the idea for a new section, when the old forum description was made it was 2002 / 03 when digital cameras where ungodly expensive.

Hey, it's up to you guys. Just giving you my opinion. We could take the photography/camera out of the other sections for a new section, no problem. But if we don't have that much traffic, how would we have that many problems with moving threads? Since the traffic is low, I think creating a subforum for it will increase the traffic for that specific section, and we shouldn't have to worry about moving too many threads.

Computer Audio & Multimedia (12 Viewing)
MP3 players, sound cards, speakers, photography or just general multimedia discussion in here.
Web Graphics, design, digital images (3 Viewing)
Discuss graphic software, cameras, graphics for the web. Talk about web site design.
They kind of contradict themselves in my opinion. Multimedia says photography, then digital images says cameras. If it was anything I would say they are backwards. I do think they don't get a lot of traffic because the genre (cameras and photography and all that goes along with it) area split up in different places, even though they are pretty much one theme. If you had them in a sub-forum in one of those two forums, I think it would get more traffic since it's more centralized. But that's just my opinion, up to the admins to do what they want with it.

I like the idea for a new section, when the old forum description was made it was 2002 / 03 when digital cameras where ungodly expensive.

While that is true, i have stated why this wont happen. You have access to the Admin area and you know that what i have said about Larry not wanting to change the Search Engine Optimization is true. Heck he barely likes description changes.

Alright now let me get this straight, accoring to hikari, since the amount of threads is so low that it wouldnt require much work to be done. But look at the opposite. If there are so FEW threads, why does it warrant its own area? Just because a few people, couple of which are Mods, think that it warrants it? Isnt that kinda like against production or trying to use your position to get what you want?

yzmxer608-

Yes i agree that the descriptions are messed up. I will take a good look at them and modify them as needed. Since they are kinda backwards.

My point being the same thing it was for not separating the Windows area by OS, for not having the netbook area, for not wanting the Overclocking area. They are not necessary. Stats:

Netbook area opened in February. Claimed of a large influx of topics about such items. Sicne February there still isnt enough topics to get 2 pages of topics. 20 topics total since February. 6 months - 20 topics. The Laptop area has seen that since July 30th.

Overclocking area opened in April. 35 topics since. Not to bad. But still not enough to warrant any topics on a 2nd page.

So 2 areas, both of which claimed to have a large influx of topics being created, got their own sub-forum, have only gotten 55 topics created in them since. while i know and i fully understand that it takes time for such areas to kick off, 6 months and 20 topics is slow. that is roughly 3 topics a MONTH on average.

Now if a photography area was created, what can we expect to see? I seen 3 threads in OT. At the same time i am not talking a new thread being created to say "Hey look at this new Pic!!" every other day just to show me up. I am talking serious threads. Threads asking about cameras and about getting feedback on things to take pics of and other such topics. Not fluff topics asking people to look at this new pic you took last night. Cause frankly those can stay in OT and not count toward the post count.

So show me something. Show me why or how this is wrong to think like this. I said no to every creation of every sub-forum, and so far only 1 is even half way decent. Having 35 topics in 4 months. Almost 10 topics a month is much better than 3 topics a month.

So really i am looking for something on our site now that shows interest in this topic. By MANY people. Something that says "Yes this will be useful for the Tech Forums". Cause right now, i dont see it.

That's true, now we will wait and see how many more people will reply with their opinion.

Off topic: Did you just add 213 to your username? I never noticed it before haha.

Yes i added the 213 recently back to my name. I was gone for a while, but it is just easier for me to have the 213 on there. :p

side note. My post above didnt come out exactly how i wanted it. 10 days without a break from baby has worn on my nerves a bit and for that i am sorry.

But my above statement is not meant as a slap, to anyone. But from what i see, having a few people from the staff throw their name into the hat on this one shows that you kinda feel that having that kinda backing from some of the staff will give this suggestion some extra weight.

Sorry but that is how i see it. I will be straight forward and honest. You know me i dont hide behind a bunch of fancy words or play coy. I say what is on my mind and give it to you straight forward. Call it a flaw if you want. But that is how i am.

With that said, it isnt that i am discounting this suggestion out-right. I seriously do want some feedback from more people as to if this is truly a viable option for the site. If we can get, lets say 10, people to honestly back this up. I will create a sub-forum within the Digital Images area.

1. yzmxer608
2. hikaricloud
3. hefemeister
4. ComatoseClown
5. Saxon

So lets see if we can get at least 5 more people to speak up.

1. Crysalis
2. nderscore
3. Yamikotai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom