New PC, Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me a moment, I'll be back with my updated list and a comparascent of pricing between getting made or buyin the parts myself and building it... brb

Alright,here it is. This is NOT for gaming, just audio mixing, editing, etc..

Here's the parts:

POWERSUPPLY: Corsair Power 650 Watts CMPSU-650TX - Quad SLI Ready
CPU: Intel i7-920 2.66 GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366
FAN: XtremeGear Ultra Triple Heatpipes Cool Copper Heatsink CPU Cooling Fan Extreme Silent at 20dBA & Overclock Proof
MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI Support) GigaByte GA-EX58-UD4P Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Ultra Durable�3 Mainboard Triple-Channel DDR3/1600 SATA RAID w/ eSATA,Dual GbLAN,USB2.0,IEEE1394a,&7.1Audio
MEMORY: 6GB (2GBx3) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Module Kingston HyperX
VIDEO: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT 512MB 16X PCI Express 16X PCI Express
HDD: Single Hard Drive (320GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
HDD2: 320GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive
CD: LG 22X DVD�R/�RW + CD-R/RW Dual Layer Drive
KEYBOARD: Logitech Deluxe 104 PS/2 Keyboard (Black Color)
MOUSE: Microsoft� IntelliMouse� Optical 1.1A USB & PS/2 Compactible
OS: Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Ed. w/ option of win 7 free upgrade

TOTAL: $1184 with 3day fedex. IF I have it made for me from the website

TOTAL: $1317 IF I buy components separately and build it myself

Lol that's a really nice saving, having it made for you too.
Anyway yah the build looks good. Sure you won't need more HDD space tho? Not exactly expensive to get more. And still might be a bit too much on the power supply front, it'll be far more than you ever need but I suppose it doesn't hurt to have the option.

Lol that's a really nice saving, having it made for you too.
Anyway yah the build looks good. Sure you won't need more HDD space tho? Not exactly expensive to get more. And still might be a bit too much on the power supply front, it'll be far more than you ever need but I suppose it doesn't hurt to have the option.

Ahaha ur the devil man, tempting me into more HD. But ya know I forgot to mention I will be transferring over a WD 320G SATA drive to this new setup. So that'll be 3 HD @ 320G. Plus, backup external drives to @ 320 G. Yea and the power thing, thats the cheapest they had while being a reputable name. The stock one is 800W but also consdierably less money. So I took ur advice and went for the lowest W i could find with a good name.

Ahaha ur the devil man, tempting me into more HD. But ya know I forgot to mention I will be transferring over a WD 320G SATA drive to this new setup. So that'll be 3 HD @ 320G. Plus, backup external drives to @ 320 G. Yea and the power thing, thats the cheapest they had while being a reputable name. The stock one is 800W but also consdierably less money. So I took ur advice and went for the lowest W i could find with a good name.

More drive space, or you will be d***ed to empty your recycle bin for all eternity! :p
Anyway good choice.

Edit: Wait, it's no longer filtered? I just blanked it out myself so's I don't get in trouble.

More drive space, or you will be damned to empty your recycle bin for all eternity! :p
Anyway good choice.

I shall empty the bin for eternity even with lashes across my back lol
Thank you for all your help today! Gave me a little more confidence in moving forward here.
And I like your screen name because it reminds me of Yama, the God of Death in vedic mythology!

I shall empty the bin for eternity even with lashes across my back lol
Thank you for all your help today! Gave me a little more confidence in moving forward here.
And I like your screen name because it reminds me of Yama, the God of Death in vedic mythology!

Interesting, seeing as Yami is Japanese for darkness/evil/etc. But yeah, the full name 'Yamikotai' means emobidement of darkeness. Much like my real forename (meaning Dark one).

Glad I could help.

Interesting, seeing as Yami is Japanese for darkness/evil/etc. But yeah, the full name 'Yamikotai' means emobidement of darkeness. Much like my real forename (meaning Dark one).

Glad I could help.

That's fascinating and sick, I'm lovin it!

How does one aquire such a name?

From the username thread:
Anyway, my name used to be 'yugimotomanager' which I made when I was twelve, obviously it sucked and I used to play Yu-gi-oh at the time. Then I made 'Akikotai', which was an intentional miss-spelling of an anime character's name from Martian Successor Nadesico, an anime.

Then I found out that Akikotai actually meant something in Japanese (sheer fluke), can't remember what Aki is but 'kotai' is 'person/personification', and I know 'yami' is darkness/evil/etc., so then I turned it into what I have now; Yamikotai, meaning 'personification of darkness', which funnily enough is what my real name (Kieran - Dark one, darkness, etc.) means, roughly.

Unless you meant my real name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom