How can i speed up my laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin2048

Baseband Member
hey everyone. im new here :p first post.

i was wondering if i could speed up my laptop anymore than i already have. its an HP Compaq 6715b. i downloaded CCleaner, i run it everyday, and i got Auslogics Boostspeed. i got Defraggler and run it about once a week. my hard drive is 80 gigs and i have about 11 gigs free. i am running 24 programs on it, some of em i dont use that much and can remove some of them. i have 896 MBs of RAM and i cant put more in it. it is running Windows XP. is there anything else i can do for my laptop?

i turned off all startup programs i dont want.

is formatting wiping the hard drive and reinstalling the OS?

i know it can hold more RAM its just my parents wont let me put more in it and i have no money so i cant put more in behind their backs

Yes, that would be wiping the HDD and reinstalling the OS. It's a pretty simple process, post back if you need help doing it.

i have the disk to do that and it hasnt been done in awhile. is there an easy way to back up my stuff beside putting my HDD in my external enclosure and putting everything on my desktop computer then back onto my HDD?

How much do you have to back up? And how much disk space do you have free? Also does your laptop have a backup partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom