Webcam advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
Basically ive got a pc-line webcam, think its a 640x480, so certainly not a high spec item.

Now it only seems to produce a nice clear picture if theres alot of light, even when its day light sometimes i have to have my main room light on, and also ive been into the options and turned on "backlight compensation" which seems to help alot, but then as the light starts to go outside the cam gets darker and darker until im only just visable:confused: the only way i can use my cam is by literally putting a desk lamp right infront of me(which i hate doing for obvious reasons) and to be honest surely i shouldnt have to do that anyway:(

So is it just because my cam is a cheapo cam and low pixel rate? maybe if i splashed out on a 1.3mp cam it would also need less light to produce a nice bright picture?

Thanks in advance

The brightness and such really depends on the quality of the camera itself (and the software included with it), not the resolution of images it can take.
I'm guessing it's just cos it's an old or cheap cam.

You might be able to mess around with the brightness and contrast settings to get something more workable.

Well im thinking its just the fact that the cam is a cheapo one, so any suggestions on a good cam? without being too expensive

Well it entirely depends on what you define as expensive :p What's your budget?

Personally I've been looking at the Microsoft 3000 webcam thingy, can't remember the exact model.

Hmmm after reading the comments on that link it doesnt sound good lads

Probably spend 20-30, it doesnt have to be like HD quality on a 50 screen or anything lol just nice and clear, and not needing a 1000 watt light shining in your face before it actually picks your face up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom