which cpu is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryuhi

Beta member
i do not know the most about computers, so i am not sure which one i may buy is better. they are only 20$ different but i would like someone to give me some input on them. i listed what i think are the parts that matter, the other parts are the same and work with both computers.

I listed the parts as they are from where i built them, i hope it makes sense.

Computer #1
Intel® Core™ i7-920 2.66 GHz 8MB Cache
Single 2GB GDDR5 ATI® Radeon® HD 4870 X2 – Dual GPU Technology
3GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz

Computer #2
Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz 4MB Cache 1333MHz
Dual 512MB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 250 -Superclocked Edition - SLI Enabled
4GB« Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 2 x 2048MB

Computer #3
Intel® Core™ i7-920 2.66 GHz 8MB Cache
Dual 512MB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 250 -Superclocked Edition - SLI Enabled
6GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz

Same parts
Intel® X-58 Motherboard- Socket 1366 Core i7 Ready, Dual Triple Channel DDR3 Memory
500GB SATA 3Gb/s 7,200RPM 16MB Cache
750 Watt Multi-Gpu Power Supply
Windows Vista
20X Dual-Layer Burner (DVD±RW)
Single High Performance Gigabit Ethernet Ports
High-Definition 7.1 Performance Audio

computer #4
intel quad core Q9400 2.66GHz 6MB L2
ASUS or Abit Motherboard
3GB DDR2 Memory
1 TB SATA II Hard Drive
NVIDIA Geforce GTX280 PCI Express 1GB video

if any more info is needed please tell me, i would like to know which is a better buy.

edit: i added a third one after looking at the graphics performance topic and realized i had an overpriced part in the one.
extra edit: since a local builder is a friend of my dads i felt i should throw in his build, would of had it originally but forgot i had its specs.

Computer 1 is WAY better. Seriously, it'd pwn the first one.
That being said not all the parts you've chosen are the best choice, is this open to modification/suggestions?

is it open to suggestions, but i am almost at the max amount i want to spend. i know not every part is best but it was in my budget.
there was also a fourth from a local computer builder that coincidentally was about the same prices as the other three, but the way he acted when i mentioned any brand names made me doubt his prices despite what he said.

Hmmm, what motherboard are you planning on getting?
Also, I'd say go with a single GTX 285. It's what I've got, and it handles very well. You can also SLI later if you need to.
I like the 6Gb of DDR3 ram you've added, instead of just 3Gb, the only thing is you might want to get a 1600Mhz set.

apart from that, looking good. What are you paying for all this anyway?
Can you post up the exact product names of all the parts you're getting? It'll be easier to build you up a rig if I know exactly what you've getting so far.

each one should come out to 1,600 or less, i was building from Alienware.

The fourth one i added as you posted since i just remembered it. and ill get the other specs you needed in a minute.
motherboard for first 3 is a Intel® X-58 Motherboard- Socket 1366 Core i7 Ready, Dual Triple Channel DDR3 Memory

Why not build it yourself? You could save a lot of money compared to buying through alienware.

if i knew and wanted to build i would have said that i was doing so. i know that it saves money but i am not interested and building my own computer.

Is there any reason you don't want to build it yourself? Really it's a better option. As stated, you'll get a better build for a cheaper price, and if you get stuck just post up here and someone will help you.

If you decide you're ok with it, post up and let me know and I'll put together a proper system for you.

Building your own is actually much easier than you would think. It is pretty straight forward and any questions you have can be quickly answered on this forum. Definitely something to consider... before building my first system the most I had done was install some RAM in an old HP...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom