Mouse problems - cant dag or drop items!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoobWithMoobs

Solid State Member
I'm having problems with the mouse!

I can't drag or drop items. This includes explorer/ desktop items, tollbars in Adobe programmes, and it is really annoying me. I am tempted to do a complete re-install of Windows to fix it!

I have XP Home SP3. I have installed many new programmes and hardware recently, in fact, I have installed 30 new programmes since Sunday! (My PC was broken and I got it fixed on Sunday). I've also installed a new HDD (on that day). It started happenning yesterday night. It was roughly just after I had installed my USB wireless adapter. So that could be causing the problem.

I've unchecked the "lock web items" to the desktop thing. That didn't help. I've got dragging and dropping enabled in the Start options; that doesn't help. And I've even tried a registry fix, which didn't help at all.

SO WHAT THE **** IS CAUSING THIS! It's so annoying. It's unbearable, it makes the computer nearly un-usable! Help me please! What cuasing this ******* problem? And how do I go about fixining it?!

PLEASE HELP! Thankyou.

(Edit; i wish to apologise for the spelling mistake in the thread title. I nevver maike spellig mistaickes usuallee :D

I'm having problems with the mouse!

I can't drag or drop items. This includes explorer/ desktop items, tollbars in Adobe programmes, and it is really annoying me. I am tempted to do a complete re-install of Windows to fix it!

I have XP Home SP3. I have installed many new programmes and hardware recently, in fact, I have installed 30 new programmes since Sunday! (My PC was broken and I got it fixed on Sunday). I've also installed a new HDD (on that day). It started happenning yesterday night. It was roughly just after I had installed my USB wireless adapter. So that could be causing the problem.

I've unchecked the "lock web items" to the desktop thing. That didn't help. I've got dragging and dropping enabled in the Start options; that doesn't help. And I've even tried a registry fix, which didn't help at all.

SO WHAT THE **** IS CAUSING THIS! It's so annoying. It's unbearable, it makes the computer nearly un-usable! Help me please! What cuasing this ******* problem? And how do I go about fixining it?!

PLEASE HELP! Thankyou.

(Edit; i wish to apologise for the spelling mistake in the thread title. I nevver maike spellig mistaickes usuallee :D

Have you tried connecting the mouse to another Computer via USB or PS/2 connection. If that doesn't work, try connecting another mouse to your PC.

An alternative solution would be to uninstall and re-install the device.

Have you tried another mouse to see if you can drag/drop?

Edit: Ninja'd :p

I haven't tried the above. But I will.

However something else has just come to me.... I haven't actually installed the drivers for this mouse. I just plugged it in and it worked so kept on using it. SO perhaps installing the drivers will help the problem maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom