New/Upgrade build

Status
Not open for further replies.

the hnic

Solid State Member
hi
I'm trying to decide if i should build or upgrade my current rig. Acutally, i'm not even sure i need to at this point, but the wife gave her blessing so i'm going to! I have a budget of $1k and have the following stuff:
8 gigs of
Newegg.com - CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X4096-6400C5 - Desktop Memory
ASUS P5Q Pro LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
this processor
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
& this graphics card
Newegg.com - MSI NX8800GTS 512M OC GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

I'd like whatever I build/upgrade to to last quite a long time. I dont want to upgrade for quite some time. I'm and intel/nvidia guy so keep that in mind :)

I have a monitor/keyboard/mouse. I will need a case as well.

Your current setup is fine. The worse looking thing is your graphics card. If I were you, I would wait a little and buy an NVidia 300 series card when they come out, unless you are in need of a graphics card now, then I would go with this. :D

Hrm. thanks for the advice. I really need a new case so i might just buy a case/graphics card and keep everything else....

doesnt really matter on cost. I suppose something that will last a good while on the card.
Def. open to suggestions on the case. My current case is falling apart.

Oh, forgot i'd like a new power supply as well. My current is only 450 and i'd like to put that into a friends pc and get a new one for myself. Any suggestions on that would be great.
Further, as for cost I'd rather keep everything mid-level (w/e that means :)
Maybe 250 on the card (lil higher is cool).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom