ATA-100 adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB Rekit

In Runtime
Hey guys, maybe I'm just not searching for this the right way or maybe there is no such thing... I don't know, but what I would like to get would be an adapter that I can plug my ata-100 hard drive from my old laptop into that can be plugged into one of my sata ports on my desktop.

Thanks

Thanks. Now I at least know what I'm looking for. That one looks to be what I would need to plug a sata HD into my ATA-100 laptop, but I would like to plug my ATA-100 HD into my sata desktop. (The ATA has the male end on that adapter and the adapter needs to be female since my HD has the pins sticking out of it...)

I'm pretty sure this would be the one I need: Newegg.com - Rosewill RC-204 IDE to SATA Mini Vertical Bridge (for IDE device) - Adapters & Gender Changers
See anything wrong with it? I'm going to do a bit of shopping and see if there is anything else I need to order and probably put an order in in an hour or so.

It depends on if you want to try and boot to the drive or not. If you're just wanting to pull some information from the drive then the USB adapter will work fine. But if you want to use the drive for an operating system or something within the desktop then you'd be better with the Rosewill.

I won't be booting from it, but if the rosewill would be better and cost the same, I will go with that since I have a huge tower and have the space for it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom