BD reader question

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxMcCarther

In Runtime
Hello, I am new here, but I dont plan on leaving after this question is answered lol.

I am wanting to add a Blu Ray reader to my computer, and am having issues deciding as they seem to get conflicting reviews everywhere I look, and I am to too familliar with Blu Ray.

What I need is something that can read them rather quickly for under $150, they do not need to have BD burning, or Light Scribe, or any of the other fancy stuff, as I already can do most of it. (but it's a plus).

The one I keep coming across is the LG CH08LS10 (129.99 on newegg)
(CDRLabs.com - LG CH08LS10 Super Multi Blue BD Combo | Optical Drives)

However I can find very little information on it compared with the others, and I was wondering if any of you have read anything or know much about it. If you know of a better one for what I need, It would be great if you could tell me what it is =D.

Thanks!

I have this drive and it's been great thus far.
Newegg.com - LG Black 6X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 40X CD-ROM SATA Internal Combo LG Blu-ray/HD DVD-ROM & 16X DVD±R DVD Burner Model GGC-H20L - Blu-Ray Drives
Unfortunately it's been deactivated so it doesn't help you much. I guess I'm saying that LG has been fine in the BD arena for me.

Lol, that was actually the one I was loging on to buy when I realized it was deactivated. Started looking into them again as a result. On another note, I am not caring to much for that Sony that was linked, That was a model that has been around for a while, and the read speeds on that are rather slow for the price, as well as mixed reviews on the performance. I would preferably like something that didn't take over an hour to copy files to the hard drive =D

Well you certainly can't go wrong with Plextor drives...it's just if you want to spend the money for them.

Newegg.com - PLEXTOR Black 8X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal BD Combo Model PX-B320SA LightScribe Support - Blu-Ray Drives

I would also take Newegg reviews with a grain of salt. Some people don't even bother to write a review unless there's something to complain about. They are helpful, but I wouldn't base purchasing or not solely on reviews.

I never do =D usually with newegg I found, they are more often the exception on the reviews than the norm, I think mostly because people on newegg either rate really good (probably because they bought it and don't want to feel bad) or they got like 1 in 10,000 that did not work so they say the company that made it is the worst ever. I tend to look elsewhere for reviews (The link in the initial post that website has some decent reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom