Budget Build...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramsx131

Solid State Member
Hey everyone, I have posted here on the forums before when I built my first PC and thanks to everyone that helped because it is the best PC I have ever had :)

I am going to do a budget build for my girlfriend now because I recently got her into WoW and she has to use her brothers computer to play... I'm not looking for anything crazy in the way of graphics or anything just something simple and fairly cheap($400-500) would be good, it doesn't have to play the game on ultra settings but just be able to handle the game when we do play.

Is there anything you guys would recommend for this build? I have Vista 64 I can put on it so the OS will be no problem but I will still need everything else...

Yes but I'm not going to include that in this budget because I can get that on my own time, I won't be giving her the computer right away... I'll get the monitor, keyboard, and mouse when I give her the tower itself.

Definitely want to checkout the new AMD offerings for a build like this. Especially if you need a monitor, keyboard, and mouse as well.

Here's a build for you:

Case & HDD Combo: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
PSU: Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer PPCS370X 370W ATX12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies
Mobo & CPU combo: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
RAM: Newegg.com - Patriot Extreme Performance 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model PDC24G6400ELK - Desktop Memory
GPU: Onboard HD 3200
DVD: Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 22X DVD-R 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner LightScribe Support - CD / DVD Burners
Monitor: Newegg.com - Acer X193Wb Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2000:1 ACM - LCD Monitors
Keyboard&Mouse: Newegg.com - Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 B2L-00047 Black 105 Normal Keys 9 Function Keys USB Ergonomics Keyboard and Mouse - Keyboards

Total: $460 + $30 shipping

EDIT: If you do not need the Monitor, keyboard, and mouse yet, get the same parts as above except get this mobo & cpu instead:
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX 128M AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Callisto 3.1GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
New total: $408 + $20 shipping

Looks pretty good to me, I was wondering, I have the Vista 64 OS on my PC would I be able to use the same disc I used to put in on my PC as I would on hers?

^Good finds, though with shipping it's $525.

The Case I picked out is better, but you found some great combo's for mobo/cpu and ram/hdd. The only thing is this is just for WoW, so a 4850 on like a 19" or lower monitor won't really be necessary for that type of game.

Looks pretty good to me, I was wondering, I have the Vista 64 OS on my PC would I be able to use the same disc I used to put in on my PC as I would on hers?

Depends on what you mean.. If its on and youre using it... No

If you wipe it off your hd and put it on hers, yes, but you'll nhave to call MS bout it to registar it.

However WIN7s free for 10 more days, and good till March.

So is there any chance I could combine what you two have posted to make a decent build, for fairly cheap?

I'd say if you want cheap, get my modified build to stay at around $430 after shipping.

If you don't mind spending about $530 after shipping, get his build and the only change needed will be to change the case/psu combo he has to the case I picked out and a new PSU. The reason I suggest my case is because it is just $40 and has 3x 120mm fans as well as a nice big side vent and locking features.

In other words, get this build:
Newegg.com - Rosewill R901-P BK Triple 120mm Cooling Fan, Mesh Design Front Panel, ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - Rosewill RP500-2 500W ATX12V v2.01 Power Supply - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 22X DVD-R 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner LightScribe Support - CD / DVD Burners
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100245HDMI Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
mobo & cpu: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
ram & HDD: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

$498 + shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom