Build me a computer.. $2500

Status
Not open for further replies.
i really like the look of the lian li v1100 case.. very streamline

i definitely don't want a case with a neon light or a case plastered in stickers. i'd much rather something simple but super efficient.

lazer... regarding the fx-53... what do you mean to say "there isn't any need for the fx-53 64 bit cpu"?

nubius, if you think i can save money on things and still get blistering performance, then by all means push me in that direction. you have to remember, i'm use to the prices of apple.

Don't you mean the V1200 case? Anyways, yes they are very efficient, and Lian-Li cases are known for there Top Notch quality.

Now who do i get to assemble this monster?

what do you say nubius? you want to take the task?

Yeah lol I told you I wasn't crazy, beyond that I was asking who you were going to have build this for you in the first place. That was why I thought it pointless to tell you what to buy and then not have anyone lined up to build it for you. See where I was going with that? It doesn't help telling you all the parts you need if you don't have anyone there to help you put it together and that knows what they are doing, ya see why I went off on the fact you said 'I dont care to learn and I'm not putting it together' didn't I say
Have whoever is going to put it together for you do the shopping and suggestions.

and

Who IS going to put this all together for you anyway? And why haven't you asked them for their input as far as what to purchase?

=/

See where I'm comin from? I'm not a **** by all means, but come on, where you planning on buying the things we suggested and THEN finding someone to put it together or what? That's why I wasn't eager to help in the first place cause it seemed like you didn't have anyone nearby that could put it together for you or get opinions/answers from

what do you say nubius? you want to take the task?

Yeah I'll put it together but you might come up with some missing parts muahahahahaha

wow good lord the replies are rolling in quick here. First off start by getting the 1gb kit instead of the 2gb kit. That alone will save you more money than decrease performance if you look it at like cost/performance kind of ratio. The reason lazerman says the FX-53 isn't needed is because there isn't an operating system or many programs out right now that take full advantage of the 64bit processing capabilities, but you know you'll be set for atleast 2 years with this computer. Especially if you do design work and whatnot, they'll start making those programs 64bit. You can save money simply by going to zipzoomfly.com where I linked you to the FX-53 .....get to the Athlon 64 section and click DESCENDING, you'll see FX-53 at the top cause it's the priciest. Go down until you find a cheaper price but make sure you look for socket 939 specifically.

good god man. Those cases are expensive as hell and doesn't come with a power supply. Something to think about there. You need a decent case because with the power you're running you'll want optimum cooling. Look around for cases for look preferences etc...but also price. With a 1gb kit you have $320 remaining and still possibly need cd-rom type stuff, but you'd have like $450 if you took away the case I suggested. So if you take out the case and get a 1gb kit instead you should have $450 remaining on whatever else you need.

Lazerman seems to know his cases so I'm leaving it to him. :p

alright, so i guess my major concern now is who can build a system for me for a reasonable price.

Nubius said:
Lazerman seems to know his cases so I'm leaving it to him. :p

Froshizzle! The reason those cases are so expensive is because of their quality. All aluminum cases like that (without heaps of paint) will cool better than alot of gaming cases.

I would do it for cheap, but I doubt you want a fourteen year old building your computer ( I am very good at it though). I think you should get it done locally, as it will be less a risk of damage from shipping.

the only problem with getting it done locally, is that they really rip you off especially when your not buying parts from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom