whats the cheapest but best motherboard around??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Does that thing only support AMD Athlon XP/ Athlon/ Duron 3200+ or will it support 64-bit as well?

Nubius said:
he was replying to his own 'Well what type's of "On boards" ... like sound, video, lan, raid, etc. do u need?' which upon looking at that link answered his question. Don't worry dude he's not implying the board is bad or anything lol. It doesn't come with onboard video though on that board so I hope you have a graphics card. If you want better answers then you should ask

"What motherboard and CPU should I get best suited for my needs. I got this much cash total to spend for those two items and these are the activities I plan on doing with my computer'

and we can better assess what kind of system you will be good with. Just cause you have the money to buy an AMD64 doesn't mean you need to to be able to have a good strong machine so keep that in mind while everyone shouts at you GET AN AMD64!!! AAHHHHHH! BUY IT NOW!!! :D

yo nubius does that mobo in the link you gave me come with a amd porcessor??

and i really dont plan on doing any gaming on my pc just surfing the web and downloading stuff. im willing to spen up to about 250 dollars on a processor and a motherboard, if you guys have any suggestions for any amd processors or motherboards or combos feel free to post.

Wow! Does that thing only support AMD Athlon XP/ Athlon/ Duron 3200+ or will it support 64-bit as well?

No regulus it won't support AMD64....if you look at a 64 socket you'll notice there's no hole in the middle of the socket like on other processors. That's because the gold pins take up the entire socket now. Hence Socket 939 because I believe 939 is the amount of pins in it.

yo nubius does that mobo in the link you gave me come with a amd porcessor??

No motherboard comes with a processor. You have to specifically look for 'Motherboard and CPU Combos' if you want that. Just get that board I linked you and get a 3200+ XP chip and that'll almost cover your $250 and should serve you good for your purpose.

Overclocking is good though, because you can get something like the ABit NF7-S2 board and get the 35w 2400+ XP-M chip and overclock that 2400+ XP-M to 3200+ XP speeds and the 2400+ is only half the price. You can't do that with the MSI board I linked you though, because that board has no overclocking options.

ABit NF7-S2 + 35w 2400+ XP-M = $160

whereas

MSI KT6V + 3200+ XP = $240

The difference is, you'll need to know what your doing and know quite a bit about the basics of overclocking if you want to be able to overclock that 2400+ XP-M to the 3200+ speed. Don't buy the first combo because it's cheaper. It's a necessity to know how to OC if you want that combo, the MSI is for if you just want a stable board and processor without much more than putting it together.

ASUS sucks. They do NOT make good boards anymore and their tech support is horrible. There is already another person needing help in these forums due to the fact they can't put a previous generation card in their ASUS motherboard without the computer crashing and freezing. Samething happened to me and 4 other people that have been through these forums.

"No regulus it won't support AMD64....if you look at a 64 socket you'll notice there's no hole in the middle of the socket like on other processors. That's because the gold pins take up the entire socket now. Hence Socket 939 because I believe 939 is the amount of pins in it."

Oh, well I've never use AMD before, so like I would know =P lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom