Help! At wits end with graphics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurls89

Beta member
Hello, I dont usually come to these forums because privately i like to fix these things myself or at least try not to ask random people on the internet for help. But this time im completely stuck in the mud :(

Im not a technophobe or Luddite or anything and i have at least a passing knowledge of how computers work and i cant work out my issue at all.

I have some kind of problem with my graphics drivers or maybe the card itself, i dont know and the problem itself seems kinda counter intuitive. basically whenever i turn my computer off and on (however long its spent off, whether 10 seconds or 2 days) something happens to my graphics. its best explained using CSS but it has similar issues with any games i try. When it loads, it will load fine and get to the menu. when it gets to the menu the screen will flicker and unless i quit the program quickly it will crash my system causing me to have to manually restart. The same sort of thing will happen with any game.

Im currently using the 3rd party omega drivers as they seemed to be a little more stable than ati's manufacturer drivers, and the odd thing is that if i reinstall the drivers and then reset when prompted it will fix all the problems, all games im running will be fine and no issues will occur.

this is all well and good but when i turn the computer off and come back to it whenever, the same problem will occur, which can again be fixed by reinstalling the drivers.

obviously I dont want to have to reinstall the drivers and reset my system everytime i want a quick blast on homeworld or dawn of war. The only thing i can think of is that its somehow conflicting with something that resets itself and comes back whenever the comp is reset but im at a complete loss of what to do next.

anyone got any suggestions please?

Have you run something like Driver Sweeper from Guru3D.com to clean out all old drivers before installing the new drivers? It could be that with the multiple install of drivers you have created a driver conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom