Connection timing out every minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBM/PS1

In Runtime
This problem has literally been driving me crazy since last week.

At first it happened occasionally but now it happens every 60 seconds or so.

My connection randomly dies every minute or so and i disconnect from any online game I'm currently playing.

Steps i have taken too troubleshoot are as follows:

Reset modem
Reset router
Direct connection on both PC and Laptop
Wireless connection on both pc and laptop
Changed Ethernet cables
I did a virus scan with norton internet security on my desktop and AVG on my laptop, results found a few low risk tracer cookies. Deleted them and no luck.

I have ISP currently is Powergate with an RCA cable modem (I can get a model number if needed)

I have called my ISP and they say my service seems fine on there end.

The lights on my modem are all lit up as they should be two solid green and two flashing. I even noticed that when the disconnecting and timeouts occur that the lights don't change on the modem, which is the part i can't understand.

If anyone could offer any advice as to how to troubleshoot this problem i would greatly appreciate it. Even being able to access some sort of modem log would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Attached below are a few screen shots of my Modem diagnostics page

Dunno why but my event log is always empty.

Attachments

• Modem troubleshoot.jpg
    Modem troubleshoot.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 140
  • Modem 2.jpg
    Modem 2.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 149
  • modem 3.jpg
    modem 3.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 142
Are you able to use a different router/modem combination? Could be that one of them is dying.

I would have suggested it be malware-based since the connection dies so regularly, however for it to be happening to both machines seems a bit odd. It could be worth a try going through Osiris' Spyware Guide to make sure (it is much more thorough than any scan AVG can do, and especially Norton can do).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom