PSU powerful enough???

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just the wattage that matters, it's also the efficiency of the psu and the amount of amps it can deliver too. And without any extra info on the psu included with that case, I really couldn't say.
As I said in my first post, I wouldn't put any money on it being a good psu.

It's not just the wattage that matters, it's also the efficiency of the psu and the amount of amps it can deliver too. And without any extra info on the psu included with that case, I really couldn't say.
As I said in my first post, I wouldn't put any money on it being a good psu.
well with the wattage too low it could fail so thats why im asking

Given that the quality of the psu is good, then yes 500w SHOULD be enough to power your rig. However, as you will be overclocking it as well, I'd go with something a little higher, maybe 550W. No sense running a psu which can only JUST handle the load.

I wouldn't trust the case PSU. Like S0UL said, go with a little more wattage from a reliable PSU.

well with the wattage too low it could fail so thats why im asking

Look. Let me spell this out for you like everyone else has been trying to do.

1) The wattage is important but it's not the only factor.
What I mean by this is a 500w PSU that's a piece of garbage and cheap will be nowhere near as good as a decent quality PSU with the same wattage. Meaning if a system needed 450w of power and you had a crappy 500w PSU, it would NOT BE GUARANTEED TO WORK.

2) Pretty much the same as number 1.
This is so important, that I decided to mention it twice. A CRAPPY PSU WILL NOT WORK AS WELL. And that is why we are saying to grab something else that IS good. Because even if 500w is enough to power that machine there is no guarantee that the case PSU will run it. So when we "didn't answer your question", it's because we gave you an answer you apparently didn't like, and that's really too bad because our answer happens to be right.

Now to answer your question in the way you apparently want it answered.

Yes, 500w should be enough. But if you decide to cheap out and use the case PSU, then you can't say we never warned you. Get it? I linked you to a great PSU, I suggest you buy it. If you don't and that case PSU blows up in a couple months, don't blame us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom