HDMI Output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willdarby

Solid State Member
Ok, so I have an Alienware m17x, and I got an HDMI cable to output my video to my HD tv, but the sound doesn't work. I thought HDMI cables were good for sound too? How can I make this work?

well mostlikely since it's a laptop the sound will not go through HDMI.

allthough there might be a setting to enable it. look in your video card settings or your audio card settings to enable it.

Yeah I tried everything in my video card settings and audio settings. Nothing I did worked.

well my guess is that alien ware used a video card that does not support sound through HDMI. so you will have to find another way to hook up sound to your T.V.

does it have any kind of audio input jacks for the HDMI connection?

Well with my laptop I have to make sure the TV is on, and on the correct HDMI input before plugging in the HDMI cable to the laptop. If I plug in the cable with the TV off, I get video but no audio. Try that, it may work.

Hope this helps ya

I tried the headphone jack to the audio in on my tv but that didn't work. Would I have to use the optical or and S-Video?

I tried the headphone jack to the audio in on my tv but that didn't work. Would I have to use the optical or and S-Video?

If your Laptop does support the S-VIDEO port you can connect via S-VIDEO to RCA. Another method that can be implemented is VGA to RCA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom