They really need to replace CD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
It's about time they replace CD's. In this age, something that large storing only 700mb is ridiculous, and overly large. They need to phase them out and replace them by storing music on flash cards, mass produced 1gb flash cards would be cheep as peanuts to produce. It would be easy to store lots and lots of music in a small place, instead of having to devote masses of shelves just to your music collection. CD Players would be replaced by Flash Players, where because of the size of flash cards you could have perhaps 5, 10, or even 20 slots so you don't have to change CD twenty times on a long journey. Sure, they could never replace CD's with flash cards overnight, but over the course of 5 or 10 years it would be possible and certainly worth it.

Sure they wouldn't be without there disadvantages, but there small size, portability and toughness (in comparison to how easy it is to destroy CD's) seems worth it.

And yes, CD's do annoy me that much :D

edit: (random)

Wtf, i saw this at the top of tech forums.. Amazon.com: HDMI (2 meter) 6 foot cable HQ 1080P 1.3b: Electronics 20 cents ?!

reply to random: Theres also optical audio cables for 1 cent on Amazon... i dunno how the f that works...

I heard they replaced cd's with the internet. I'm amazed there is such a thing as CD sales at this point. Even devoted music fans are now downloading cd's illegally or through Amazon or Itunes. Also those cables should cost that much. Considering they're all mass-produced simple cables. It's digital, You're either getting a signal or you're not, No reason to spend 80 dollars for 3 centimeters of Platinum plated monster cable.

Also, Disney is replacing DVD's with SD cards (well not replacing but using them as well).

I know 1 person who still faithfully buys CDs. He's got like 7 thousand of them or something. The thing I care about, along with most others, is the music. I used to buy CDs for the music on them. He's an artsy guy, so he likes to see album artwork and **** like that.

CD Players would be replaced by Flash Players, where because of the size of flash cards you could have perhaps 5, 10, or even 20 slots so you don't have to change CD twenty times on a long journey. Sure, they could never replace CD's with flash cards overnight, but over the course of 5 or 10 years it would be possible and certainly worth it.

Yeah some modern aftermarket car stereos can already read wma, mp3 and even mp4 files off sd cards.

Jensen VM9512HD In-Dash Receivers with Bluetooth Hands-Free Kit Included Car Stereo Receivers and Head Units Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

I've hated optical media for a long time now and it is true it makes for a terrible portable format. However, I still end up buying CDs and DVDs because I don't trust amazon downloads (or itunes for that matter) and really that's just how things are at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom