HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotnpankake

Baseband Member
Ok, every time i go on newegg and look for parts, i can never seem to put together a build for less than 1000 bucks.. I just want some help getting a build that is powerful but costs less than 600 bucks so help if u can please

Do you need an OS, and will you require a monitor? Are you able to re-use any parts (hard drive(s), optical drive(s)) from your old PC?

I'm looking to get xp and then w7 when it comes out as dual boot. i have a monitor seperate. im just looking for a nice build for around $600 budget. no i cant salvage anything, im goin for a fresh build

You're unlikely to be able to get XP nowadays, very few places still sell it. Your best bet would be to use the Windows 7 release candidate (which is free until next March) - saves you $100 in the short term.

I would put a build together on Newegg for you but familiar with USD I'm not, I don't know what's a good price.

Are you going to be gaming at all? If so, what resolution do you game at? And what settings do you prefer?

well im assuming u use pounds
$600 = about 359.49 pounds
you can type 600 dollars to (your currency) in google if its not pounds

Unfortunately, straight conversions between currencies don't work with hardware, for there are different RRP (recommended retail price) prices for hardware depending on region, and there are different taxes and such, and several other lengthier reasons.
It makes it fairly difficult to figure out the real value of hardware in different currencies.

There are plenty of US citizens here who are more intimate with hardware prices in the US.

oh i see. thnx for your help tho. hopefully someone else will actually read this thread and reply

Also, you have not yet answered this question:

Are you going to be gaming at all? If so, what resolution do you game at? And what settings do you prefer?
This will determine what video card (and thus power supply) you will require.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom