Monitor Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttzu

In Runtime
I'm making my final NewEgg purchase tonight and I need to pick a monitor..... I'm going with a 24".... here are 2 choices so far....

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 2443BWT Matte Black 24" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor with Height& Pivot Adjustments 300 cd/m2 DC 20000:1(1000:1) w/ HDCP Support - LCD Monitors

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG ToC T240HD Rose-Black 24" 5ms HDMI Widescreen HDTV Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 10000:1 Built in DTV Tuner & Dolby Digital Surround Speakers - LCD Monitors

Which of these is better for gaming... or maybe I should pick another brand?

Thanks in advance for help!

They are very similar, but the T240HD has an HDMI slot which is great. Otherwise they have the same res, same (real) contrast. The T240HD also looks a lot better IMO and is cheaper.

So yeah, the T240HD Rose-Black.
Samsungs are excellent monitors, and are great for everything including gaming.

Incidentally, it's the monitor I'm saving up for.

They are very similar, but the T240HD has an HDMI slot which is great. Otherwise they have the same res, same (real) contrast. The T240HD also looks a lot better IMO and is cheaper.

So yeah, the T240HD Rose-Black.
Samsungs are excellent monitors, and are great for everything including gaming.

Incidentally, it's the monitor I'm saving up for.

Thanks for the great input. Does anyone else have any experience/suggestions for the monitor? I want to order this last shipment by Sunday so I can start building next week.

What about the Newegg.com - SAMSUNG P2570 glossy black 24.6" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 70000:1(1000:1) - LCD Monitors... I'll spend a max of$400 on one so that is my price cap...

-EDIT-

Samsung seems to be the brand I want to go with unless there is a better Monitor out there for $400 or less?

So after doing research would I be better off going with a HP, Dell, or Samsung/LG... again 24" is the goal and $400 is max...

I know your looking for a 24", but I'm also in the field and I've been reading up on this LG
LG - 23" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD HD Monitor - Glossy Black - W2361VG-PF

And so far it seems like a solid monitor. 2MS response time, 50K contrast, HDMI, DVI ports etc. The only thing holding me back on those Samsungs are the response time D:

Yeah I saw that monitor at Best Buy today alongside a 23" samsung... The LG is decent but I would take the suggestions from the guys on here... They are busy so I will just wait patiently for recommendations to come in...

After reading this thread
AnandTech - STICKY: The LCD Thread

I take back the suggestion for the LG :p

And after conversing with a friend about my own upgrades sometimes the lines between a TV and a monitor get blurred.
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG ToC T240HD Rose-Black 24" 5ms HDMI Widescreen HDTV Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 10000:1 Built in DTV Tuner & Dolby Digital Surround Speakers - LCD Monitors
I would say that thing^ is more like a TV than it is a monitor in my opinion.

Me personally, I'm looking at the first Samsung you posted, and a couple of Acers that are about 100 dollars cheaper and seem to be comparable/on par with quality of the Samsung.

But this samsung is very appealing too
Newegg.com - Acer H243Hbmid 24" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 40000:1 Max (ACM) Built-in Speakers - LCD Monitors

After reading this thread
AnandTech - STICKY: The LCD Thread

I take back the suggestion for the LG :p

And after conversing with a friend about my own upgrades sometimes the lines between a TV and a monitor get blurred.
I would say that thing^ is more like a TV than it is a monitor in my opinion.

Me personally, I'm looking at the first Samsung you posted, and a couple of Acers that are about 100 dollars cheaper and seem to be comparable/on par with quality of the Samsung.

But this samsung is very appealing too
Newegg.com - Acer H243Hbmid 24" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 40000:1 Max (ACM) Built-in Speakers - LCD Monitors

That last link you posted was to an Acer and not a samsung... that Acer looks nice but what was the Samsung you had in mind? I really need to make a decision today because I want to order my last set of parts tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom