Upgrading Graphics card, New CPU too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the Biostar TA780g in another system and it's fine if you don't plan on overclocking or running the top end Phenoms.

It has a bit of instability issues with a 90nm processors... but you should be fine though.

I was thinking of saving $20 on the power supply. Instead of getting this one:

Newegg.com - Antec Basiq BP500U 500W Continuous Power ATX12V Version 2.01 Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

I might get this one:

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power Plus RS-500-PCAR-A3 500W ATX12V V2.3 Power Supply - Power Supplies

It seems right. But I don't know if it has enough Amps to run the 4850 HD, and I read that if it doesn't have enough amps, dont buy it.

And do all power supplies fit in all motherboards?

I was thinking of saving $20 on the power supply. Instead of getting this one:

Newegg.com - Antec Basiq BP500U 500W Continuous Power ATX12V Version 2.01 Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

I might get this one:

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power Plus RS-500-PCAR-A3 500W ATX12V V2.3 Power Supply - Power Supplies

It seems right. But I don't know if it has enough Amps to run the 4850 HD, and I read that if it doesn't have enough amps, dont buy it.

And do all power supplies fit in all motherboards?

There's a $10 difference, and one has free shipping. It'd probably even out after shipping. They both have 2 12V rails with 18amps. Also, if you read on the Cooler Master, it says the +3.3, +5, +12V1 &+12V2 should not exceed 431.5W. The Antec is able to have 500W continuous, supposedly. I don't know much about power supplies though, so you may want someone else to clear this one up for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom