Best SSD's ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH, for gaming/general use, there is really no reason to raid SSD's. It actually takes longer to boot windows using raid 0 than a single SSD drive.

ok, I'm fairly new at the SSD Market, but I picked up another toshiba satellite, this one utilizing a core 2 duo, 4GB RAM, Integrated Intel graphics *it's the A305, for 215 with a dead hard drive. I figured, with the savings I've had with Satellites *paid 300 for this on, utilizing AMD Turion X2, ATI HD Mobility 3400, 4GB RAM *A355D** I might as well spoil myself a little and get an SSD.
my question... first, I can't seem to find that "G2" from intel, currently looking at Newegg.com - Intel X25-E Extreme SSDSA2SH032G1 2.5" 32GB SATA II SLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD) - Solid State Disks for the other satellite, going to overwork the A305 with hefty programs, dual boot, and some games and other programs.
Is it worth the price difference to go with an SLC vs the MLC? I know what they are, I know the differences, but what I don't know is value. Is there anything else coming out shortly in the SSD world that I should wait for first? are there any issues that I should know about before ordering said SSD? Thanks for the input *if I get any*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom