Laptop key come off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris C177

Baseband Member
The laptop key and the retaining white plastic thing have both come off. I've searched around and apparently you should be able to clip the plastic bit on at the bottom, then snap the top bit into place (on the actual laptop, not the loose key) I can get it on at the bottom okay, but it doesnt seem to fit in at the top. I tried putting the key cap back on anyway, and the retainer just clipped onto the key cap, and the whole thing came off again.

what laptop (make and model)? If it is like my vaio it is a pain. Although with the amount of times my daughter had pulled them of I am quite good at it now.

Is it two white plastic parts and an slim key?

If it is like mine you have to put the top piece in first. Then slip the bottom piece up into the slots and click it into the top piece. Then you take the key and slide it up a bit and press down on it.

To figure out mine I had to slowly take another key out to see how it went together. A little bit of reverse engineering.

The two white plastic parts are clipped together at the moment. Do you mean I have to take them apart, then sort of clip them onto the keyboard separately - if that makes sense.

take a pic and post it up so I can see if it is similar to mine. On mine there were two little tabs on the middle of the little one that clipped into grooves on the big one.

Oh wait, just managed to seperate them. So now do you put them both into their slots and clip them together?

yep. On mine I did the big outside one first then the smaller middle one. clip them back together and slide the key on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom