help, computer wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best Buy is more expensive by far. They don't have 'trained' anything there. $84 bucks just to reformat your drive, jesus man what a ripoff, and beyond that you go back and pay MORE money when they technically didn't even fix it in the first place? Demand your money back when you go back in there if it still fux up. Don't ever take it to Best Buy unless you just want to get rid of some money. I still want to know what kind of computer it was though. Did you buy it through Dell, HP, PeoplePC any company like that or was it built for you or what?

beedubaya said:
Sounds like you are getting a variant of the Blaster worm, a worm that plagued the Internet in mid-2003. Make sure you have all the latest Windows updates and AV protection.

You are like a walking book full of virus definitions!

Nubius said:
Best Buy is more expensive by far. They don't have 'trained' anything there. $84 bucks just to reformat your drive, jesus man what a ripoff, and beyond that you go back and pay MORE money when they technically didn't even fix it in the first place? Demand your money back when you go back in there if it still fux up. Don't ever take it to Best Buy unless you just want to get rid of some money. I still want to know what kind of computer it was though. Did you buy it through Dell, HP, PeoplePC any company like that or was it built for you or what?

its a compaq presario 6000z computer amd athlon XP 2200+ processor. 512 MB ddr sd ram and that all i know of my comp so far

Ahhh yes. Well.....read up on building computers, doesn't take too much and try to build your future computers. Buying from companies is just asking for crap :/ Anyway. Refer to your other thread where I suggested that motherboard. That will work with the processor that you have now, unless you want to change out your processor to. 35w 2400+ XP-M and 2500+ XP are the best chips for OC'ing, but I don't think you're ready to dive into the depths of possible computer frying :D

i will learn how to build my own computer from now on muahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha. thanks for help dude, and im seriously thinking about going to best buy and getting my shit back and going to a local store and and upgrading my processor and motherboard i just came newegg.com and wow im shocked at the low prices.

and im seriously thinking about going to best buy and getting my shit back
Yeah that'd be the best idea. throw a fit and just tell those assholes $84 was ridiculous to simply format your drive, you could have down that yourself (this is what you're saying to them :p ) Beyond that, it didn't fix the problem and I had to return it to pay MORE money for your useless team of 'techies' Something to that effect. I'm sure you might be able to get something from them. Just hassle the hell out of them until theyd rather throw money at you than listen to you another day :D

yeah but the thing is my computer wouldnt stay on long enough for me to even to reformat, cuz it kept shutting off, but when i bought it to best buy it stayed on for them. wtf???

Sounds like your power supply. Best buy? Why the hell would you take it there for? I actually had a "Tech" there tell me that Dimms needed to be installed a pairs. And he started writing down a price of $300 just for a extra stick and DX, plus cable rewiring. I just told him that i wasn't going to waste my friends money (I took his computer in, i could of fixed it for much cheaper but hes a paranoid type) on something that didn't pertian to the problem.

God why do they let idiots work there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom