Dell Inspiron 1521 where do they cables go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesx4911

In Runtime
I have a dell inspiron 1521 I got everything back together after replacing the cable that goes to the back of the lcd. And I forgot where these two cables go. Which I believe are power cables for the monitor. Because my lcd never comes on now.

IMAG0004.jpg

where do the white and black cables get plugged into? I 4got :(

I think Im missing a piece, because I remember they was pluged into something over there. But I just cant remember. Pics please :)

hmm thats what i thought, so now, one more question. Why am I not getn any visual on my lcd? that wouldnt happen to do with the cables not being pluged in would it?

Could be a number of things, you might have connected it the wrong way or not enough of a connection or you could have screwed the mobo when you striped the lappy and about 100 other reasons.

Why exactly did you strip it in the first place and list any other symptoms your having.

ok well this is my friends laptop he gave it to me and it was not coming on at all at the time, I opened it up and noticed the fan wasnt spinning but it was coming on, so it might have over heated. So I put some thermal paste on the cpu, and thought the fan was bad so I bought a new one, when the fan and I plugged it in, I found out it wasnt the fan at all, it was the port that it plugged into. As I looked harder I discovered he spilt water on this computer and the mobo was really screwed up around that area. I plugged it up to external monitor because I took the lcd off and it was workn fine, I just used a external fan. Once I got everything plugged up the computer comes on but I have no visual on the lcd. It dosent even turn on. Im trying to figure out whats the problem, why dont I see anything. I just went behind my self and everything is plugged in except for the attenas for the wifi.

i stripped it in my garage, on a work bench, the ground is cement. If it got static electricity wouldnt it have knocked out the how mobo? I just plugged it up to a external monitor and its workn great. Just I cant use the internal LCD :*(

I am just ruling things out at the moment, is it still working on the external if it is I would say it's either the LCD that's at fault, the inverter or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom