Operation SuperPi - Phase-Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great so far. As for the Dielectric grease, that doesn't mess with strong connections between the processor and motherboard? Also, what are you planning on cooling the NB/SB with?

Edit : Subscribed...

Well I thought I was going to fire this thing up today, but I forgot my power cable. My Power Supply doesn't use a standard power cord, here's a pic I borrowed from newegg.

plugl.jpg

Here are a few pic's to look at :D

prep12.jpg

prep13.jpg

prep14.jpg

prep15.jpg

AAUUUUGGGGH! I just bought a new rig a little while ago, and I KNOW I should be spending any more atm, but I NEED a phase cooler and Dual GPUs!
I am so looking forward to seeing what you you can do with this.

Well I had a little free time this afternoon and I got it fired up. I started RealTemp up and it went to -7C and stayed there. I tried a few other apps and they won't even show the temp. I guess they figure no one goes that cold.
prep17.jpg

Luckily I have a Digital Thermometer with a probe built into the phase. Under full load I saw it dip into the high -36C range, at an idle I saw -45C so this is an average temp :D And the ambient temp is 27.6C or about 81F. I'll have to lower the AC Thermostat tomorrow :D

prep16.jpg

prep18.jpg

I got the bus speed up to 225 no problem.

8609i.jpg

But it really didn't like 226, I disabled Hyper-Threading and got this run.

8578a.jpg

It looks like I can retake 1st place in the SuperPi Thread if I can workup a bus speed of 230-231. Luckily I have the whole weekend to play with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom